Chapter 4

Gina's POV

Two weeks earlier

My grandparents planned to travel Japan as a vacation this weekend. So, I decided to go and sleep at Martha's house, our former housekeeper at Sitka house.

She had been with me since I was born and she was like a mother to me. She retired from her works three years ago after her husband's death. Now, she lived alone peacefully at Anchorage.

I loved her so much.

After my parents' death, I became lifeless and I cried a lot. I had many sleepless nights and skipped all most all my lunches and dinners back then. I locked myself in my room and stayed in my bed. I couldn't overcome the grief of losing the ones I loved most.

My grandparents were in misery too and there were no one who would comforted and cared me at that time.

When Martha found out about me, she called Lucy and came to me. They took me out of my bed and made me eat properly. They cooked my favorite foods and treated me everyday. They stayed beside and watched me eating the food. They didn't left until I finished all of them.

Every time I cried, they cheered me up. They talked a lot of nonsenses to make me laugh. They also tickled me at my sensitive areas. When they did that, I couldn't control my laughter and ended up laughing so hard.

They cuddled me in my bed every nights. They sang lullaby and told a lot of bedtime stories. They also slept with me in my room because I had terrible nightmares during those days. Whenever I woke up from them in the middle of night, they hugged me tight and patted my back till I went back to sleep.

They were so worried about me. When I overcame my mourning, I became emotionless and I was with the blank face. They were sad to see me like this and took me out of the house. They took me to the cinema, playgrounds and zoo. They made me play and enjoy my life.

Because of their help, I was able to feel the happiness and emotion in my life again. They brought me back to life. They prevented me from becoming an emotionless and ruthless human being. They were like my life savior.

They were always there for me every time I needed them. They stayed beside me during the time of bad and good in my life. They never left me. I was so lucky to have them in my life.

I visited her that weekend.

She was beyond her happiness to meet me. She made a lot of my favorite foods such as pancakes, cupcakes and baked potato salad.

 She made a lot of my favorite foods such as pancakes, cupcakes and baked potato salad

I was also ecstatic to be with her. She made me smile every time I was with her. Every time I met with her, I was so delighted and my energies rose up. I became energetic and stronger. She was like my tonic.

She gave me strength while Lucy gave me cheers. She made my mood lit up every time I depressed. They were the necessities in my life.

While I was chatting with her about my life, my recent boyfriends and my works, I found out my fiancee name.