1.

Donald Earle Degrate Jr - 1988
Charlotte, North Carolina, America

I was back at home being a normal 17 year old, except my family was real religious so I was in church 24/7, playing on the piano to church songs and reading bible scriptures. All of that stuff became a daily routine for me, Dalvin and Derek, since my Father was a Pastor.

I came home on night from school and nobody was at home. I switched the TV on and turned on the music channel. There was this new song that came out that everyone was playing on repeat every night and day at school. Me, I wasn't really paying attention to it because my parents didn't really listen to New Jack Swing, so I formed a habit of not listening to it.

The song finally came on and it was a song called The way you love me. It was a song sang by this new singer called Justine. My eyes were instantly hooked on the screen as I saw a pretty brown-skinned girl dancing having fun. Her hair was black and curly which fell down to the mid of her back. Her eyes were brown which stood out to me that made her look even more beautiful. My eyes got wider because I've never seen a girl like her this beautiful. My heart was skipping beats as I made sure that my eyes never blinked so I never missed her bright smile.

I was so caught up in her looks, that I didn't even realise that my Father has even walked in. He hovered over the tv and I looked up at him frightened as hell, because I knew I shouldn't have been listening to this.

'Son, you know you shouldn't be watching this' he said snatching the remote from my hand

'Yes sir you won't catch me watching it again' I said obeying his rules

'That's right' He said smiling patting me on the back as I stood up

I walked away upstairs never forgetting her natural beauty. Yes she looked like she was WAY out of my league, but I didn't care, she was beautiful, different. Not even words could describe how beautiful she was.

Every night, before I go to bed, I would always go to bed imagining what it would've been like to be with a girl with her

Every night, before I go to bed, I would always go to bed imagining what it would've been like to be with a girl with her. She's everything I wanted.

One day she'll be mine....One day