70.

Justine Indira Skyers- 1996
Charlotte, North Carolina, America

Well it looks like the secret is gonna be let out sooner or later....

Mary (DeVante's mother) seems to find out a change in me and DeVante's relationship. I don't know if she's heard us fighting or shit but damn this looks so bad for DeVante at the moment. But it's his fault, all I wanted to do was know why he hasn't told me about the pills he's supposed to be taking. Also we haven't been speaking to each other. The only time we do is when we are around the family but it's force and I think that they can see.

So while the boys are out, Mary wanted to talk to me about somethings to see if everything is alright.

Oh boy....

'I don't mean to interfere between you and my son but I feel like something is going on and I just wanted to know if he's doing anything to harm you?'

My heart jumped when she asked if he was harming me. I honestly didn't know what to do or say. I was feeling like if I told her what was actually going on, she would've definitely spoke to DeVante about it and he would fuck me up badly or if I just lie to her and tell her everything is fine....oh who the hell am I kidding, she knows her son to well when he's at his lowest and she'll damn well know that I'm not telling her the truth.

'Well....' I nervously laughed 'He still hasn't told me what troubles he's going through even though I've asked him but I did see some pills in his bag'

'For goodness sake!' She muttered discretely as I bit my lip nervously 'He's not hurting you right?'

Why does she keep asking me that question?

'No no he's not' I lied to her face again

She still looked at me looking worried as she examined the deep scar that was struggling to heal. She then got up and paced the room to go upstairs. I followed behind her because I started feeling worried as well for her. Damn this woman nearly having a heart attack because her stubborn ass son won't take the pills that he's got them prescribed for.

'Are You Alright Mary?' I asked running after her

'Justine do you know where the pills are?' She asked rushing into our room

'Last time I saw them was his bag' I said

She rummaged through his bag as I helped looking all over for them in our room.

How the hell am I sharing the same room with DeVante and I don't know where his pills are?

'Let's look in the bathroom cupboards to see if they-' I turned around to face Mary as she's on the bed crying

I don't care if he'll fuck me up later but imma fuck his ass up when he gets here!

'Are the pills that serious?' I asked coming towards her

'I really don't want him hurting you' she sobbed

'What do you mean' I asked her as I acted as if I didn't know what she was talking about

'He's got intermittent explosive disorder....he becomes out of control when he's gets angry and expresses it by physical violence' she explained

Shit......

'I don't know how he got it but the boys were telling me that's he's been acting all weird on tour and picking fights with people that don't agree with him over small things'

I didn't know if I should told her the truth about what was really going on or I should've kept it to myself so I didn't scare her even more.

'Oh my Gosh' I said out of shock 'I didn't know'

'It's alright baby' she apologised 'I didn't want to scare you or anything but I just wanted to warn you just in case he harms you'

You know I might as well ask her for some advice just in case he kills me one day.

'I'm not telling you that he's harming me physically but what happens if he ever did one day though?' I asked feeling scared of her response

'Well....I really don't want to even imagine him beating down on a woman but if he ever does, for your sake, leave him because I don't want him shrivelling you apart' she said 'Yes I know you will say what happens if it's hard to leave?....but you need to ask yourself, why is it hard to leave?....is it because you are afraid of what happens if you do and what his reaction would be? Or you just think it's normal for him to hit up on you like that?'

Why does she act as if she's been in an abusive relationship before?

'Umm Mary I wouldn't mind-'

'Yes, I've been in a abusive relationship before long before my husband now but it did take me a long time to come out the relationship' she explained 'You see this scar right on my face, I got glass thrown at me and some of it went into my skin'

Damn that's what happened to me!

'I thought I was gonna die that night because I loosing so much blood' she said 'that night I knew that I had to leave him before I ended up getting killed'

'Wow!' I said shocked 'how long did it take to heal?'

'It took a lonnnnngggggg time....but it healed and it's right there on my check as a scar'

She took her hand and analysed my scar one more time before she decided to stroke my cheek a bit as I winced at the pain and her hand wasn't even on the scar.

That fool really hurt me!

Before she was going to give me some more advice, I heard footsteps coming upstairs and entering the room. I wished it was someone else other than DeVante. As soon as he came in, our heads turned a full 180 degrees at him. My heart was beating fast because I was thinking if he heard our conversation.

'If anything's up, just tell me Okay' she reassured me as she took a glance at DeVante before coming out the room

Please let this boy act right!