(Whis x Blind!Briefs!Reader)

So straight off the bat: apologizes about the half-assed explanation for the reader's blindness. With wish-granting orbs that can reverse anything, I had to come up with a reason why they wouldn't work. I tried my best. 

        "Greetings, Ms. Briefs."

        "Ah!" You jump at the sudden, yet familiar, voice. "Whis? What are you doing here?" you ask, leaning out the window. Whis smiles and floats closer to your window, in case you were to fall.

        "I wanted to check in on you," the angel admits, glancing at the bandages that cover your eyes. "I wasn't expecting to see you like this. I thought your vision was going to be fixed?"

        "Oh,"you mumble, fingers coming up to touch the bandages. "Well that's... That's difficult." Whis watches you for a moment before tilting his head.

        "When will you recover?" You flinch, and your smile is replaced with a frown. After a moment of silence, Whis brushes his fingers against your cheek. "(Y\N)?"

        "It is... Unlikely... That my vision will return," you admit. "The Dragon Balls can't fix damage done by... By Gods of Destruction. If Dende himself can't, then..."

        "So you'll..."

        "I'll be blind."

        "(Y\N)-"

        "Ah! I forgot to offer you anything to eat!" you smile, turning and stumbling back towards your door. "I think Bulma stocked up on all sorts of desserts-"

        "(Y\N)."

        "And if you're thirsty, I can get you any kind of tea-" Whis appears in front of you, and grabs your shoulders. You jump at the sudden contact, but you push back your startled expression.

        "Please don't."

        "But Whis-"

        "You're allowed to be upset," Whis whispers, fingers brushing through your hair. Your smile fades, and your shoulders slump forwards.

        "I..."

        "You can let it out." In an instant you're clutching onto the angel's robes, body shaking as you begin to cry.

        "I'm sorry," you whisper, head shaking. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Whis tilts your head up, and wipes away your tears with his thumb. He can feel the bumps from your scars, which makes him grimace. Champa and Beerus were always overly destructive when they fought.

        "You have nothing to be sorry for, (Y\N). You've been acting strong for too long; just let it out." Whis leads you to your bed and sets you on his lap. "If anything, it should be us apologizing," he continues, rocking you slowly. "If my sister and I stopped them sooner, you wouldn't have been hit in the crossfire." You cling tightly to him, tough you're shaking less now. When Whis looks down at you, he notices your breathing has grown softer. "Using an angel as a pillow," he chuckles quietly, moving and setting you down on your bed. He brushes hair from your face and hums. "Have sweet dreams, (Y\N)." With that the angel leaves through the window, closing it behind him, before leaving the planet.

---

        "Whis visited you last night?" Bulma asks, stirring her coffee. She glances over to you, watching as you trace the rim of your cup.

        "Yeah, he just showed up," you admit, reachin a hand out to find your spoon. A frown comes to your lips as you feel around for the piece of silverware. Bulma reaches over to help, her fingers brushing the handle, but stops when you tense up. "Please don't," you whisper, "I-I want to learn how to do these things for myself." Bulma nods and watches as you finally find it.