Blind Dates (Shin x Reader)

Your hands twitch nervously on your lap as you sit at the table. The male sitting in front of you looks just as uncomfortable as you. He's short, you note, with a pure white Mohawk. His skin is colored a light purple, and his ears are slightly pointed. To be completely honest, he was kind of adorable. The male looks at his lap with a large blush.

         "Perhaps... Perhaps we should introduce ourselves?" he asks, though it comes out more as a squeak. You blink in surprise before nervously tugging at your hair.

         "Oh, uh, yeah... I guess? My... My name is (Y\N)?" You curse yourself for how that came out as a question.

         "I am called Shin," the male, Shin, introduces. He's tempted to throw in his title as the Supreme Kai, but he second guesses himself. It was unlikely you'd understand that. "So... How do you know Goku?" Shin tightens his hands into fists. Bringing up another guy on a blind date? That's the worst idea in the book!

         "We, uh, we trained together as kids."

         "Interesting." Another silence falls over the two of you. Shin soon begins fiddling with his napkin. From the corner of his eye he can see Goku motioning him over. "I... I just need to use the restroom!" You watch, shocked, as Shin stands abruptly. Shin then turns and jogs over to where Goku is hiding.

         "So how's the date going?" Goku asks with a grin, making Shin frown. "No good, huh? Yeah, I thought that's be the case..."

         "What do you mean?"

         "Well, (Y\N) isn't really the fancy dinner type of person, you know?" Shin's face lights up in a dark blush, causing him to cover his face and groan.

         "And you didn't mention that? When I asked you to help me talk to her, I thought you'd help me!"

         "Well, you two are talking, right?" Shin sighs and peeks around the corner at you. Maybe this staged blind date was a poor idea.

         "I should have just swallowed my fear and asked her myself..." Goku crosses his arms and gives an apologetic smile.

         "I didn't realize you liked her so much." Like is certainly an understatement. Shin had first noticed you while observing the Z-Fighters. And, since then, he's been watching over you since.

         "I'm... I'm going to fix this," Shin nods before walking back to your table. When he returns, you offer him an awkward smile.

         "Hey... I didn't think you'd come back," you admit, fiddling with the table cloth. You thought he'd just abandon you on a date? This makes Shin frown as he sits down.

         "I wouldn't do that," he mumbles. Shin looks down at his hands before taking a deep breath. "Listen, (Y\N), maybe this whole thing isn't going to work out..." Your heart clenches a bit. You actually really liked him. "You and I, well, I don't think we can be comfortable in a formal environment..." Shin blushes and looks to the side. "I... Perhaps I could ask you on another date?" You blink in surprise before fiddling with your necklace.

         "How about a café? I know a nice one near a park?" Shin nods with a smile.

         "Would you like to go now?" He holds his hand out to you, and tilts his head slightly. You look at his hand, then to his face. You take his hand and give a small nod.

         "I'll lead the way."

---

         You trace the rim of your cup with a content smile. Sitting with Shin in the quiet café was definitely better than an uncomfortable and silent restaurant. Shin sips his tea before setting down his cup.

         "You mentioned you used to train," Shin begins, "Do you still actively train? Or have you given it up?" You smile and rub the back of your head.

         "I still train." You look out the window and tilt your head. "I'm not a fighter like Goku or Vegeta, but I can certainly hold my own." You hum and return your attention to Shin. "How about you? Do you fight?"

         "I can fight, yes, but I do so rather rarely," Shin admits. You hum and look him over yet again. Shin was like no one you've ever met. Soon you brush your hair from your face.

         "Would you mind if I asked you a question?"

         "Go ahead!"

         "Who are you, exactly?" Shin blinks in confusion as you look down at your drink. "I don't remember Goku ever mentioning you... And I can't remember seeing you at a fight, where Goku meets most of his friends... And you're like no one I've ever met..." Shin blinks before taking a sip from his tea. How could he answer this? Would honesty really be best?

         "Well, I met Goku when Majin Buu was a threat," Shin admits. At this you shiver. The only time you've died was at the hands of that monster. Shin sees your nervousness and places a hand over yours. The touch in comforting, yet it also makes you blush. "I was foolish during that time, and I fused with my bodyguard. A transformation that would have been permanent if not for the dragon balls..." Shin offers a small laugh. "I suppose you can say I wasn't myself for the longest time." At this you laugh as well. "And for your last question, I am a Shinjin."

         "I see..." You look out the window before blinking in surprise. "What in the..." You stand up from the table with a frown. Shin looks up at you in confusion before looking out the window.

         "Is... Is something wrong?"

         "I'll be right back." You leave the café and look around on the street. It's empty, which means you can charge your ki blast. You throw the orb of ki in the air, allowing it to float by your side. With a flick of your finger, you send the orb flying. You guide it around the corner and smirk when you hear a shout of alarm. After a moment of silence, Goku reveals himself from his hiding spot with a nervous laugh.

         "You didn't have to be like that, (Y\N)!" You tilt your head and cross your arms.

         "Stop spying on our date, Son Goku." And with that you enter the café and take a seat at the table. Shin stares at you before scratching his cheek.

         "How long has he been-"

         "Don't try to lie to me," you warn, raising a brow. Shin shuts his mouth and looks at his lap, making you sigh. "How about we enjoy the rest of our date, huh? With no unwanted audience." Shin glances at you before nodding, and the rest of the night goes by smoothly.