Partnership (Jiren x Criminal!Reader)

1k reads already? This is fantastic! Thanks to all of you who have supported this collection! I hope I can keep writing things for you folks to enjoy. Also, apologizes for the poor language ahead of time. 

         Your hands are shaking as you sit at the long and empty table in the padded room. To your right is the door that one of those... Goody-Goodies... went through. Dammit, how did you ever get caught? You had made sure to be as careful as you possibly could! The doorknob jiggles and you pull at your restraints. Maybe you could make a run for it? When the door opens, all hope for escape has vanished. No one can escape from Jiren the Grey. No one.

         "You're the criminal we've been chasing?" Jiren questions, eyes drilling into your very being. Your shoulders raise defensively as you turn your head to the side. After a moment of silence, you hear the Pride Trooper flip through papers. Your record. Jiren reads through it silently before setting the folder down on the table. You then watch as he pulls out a chair and sits down across from you. "What is your name?"

         "You read it in my file."

         "I want to hear you say it." You do not open your mouth. Perhaps being a brat towards the strongest being in the universe was a bad idea, but what do you have to lose? You're facing a life time sentence anyways. Jiren doesn't move, and for a moment you think he's stopped breathing. He's waiting for you, you soon realize. And you're positive he'd wait as long as he must.

         "(Y\N)." Jiren continues to stare at you, making you groan. "(Y\N) (L\N)."

         "Why are you sitting in this room, (Y\N)?"

         "Because your band of goody-goodies get hard-ons for justice?" you snort. That doesn't seem to bother him at all. Dammit, it's unnerving looking at that blank face. After a moment of silence, you look to the ceiling. "I let my guard down at the wrong time?" More silence. "Holy fuck... If you're looking for something in particular, just come out and say it. I'm not going to run laps around your vague questions." No movement. No response. Silence. "Dammit, why are you so quiet?! Make some noise! Do something!" You plead. Silence has never made you comfortable. No... It filled you with dread. Jiren moves and leans close, towering over you.

         "You are in no place to make demands," he responds. "Especially after insulting the Pride Troopers." You grind your teeth as Jiren leans back to his original position. "Why are you here, (Y\N)?"

         "I... I am responsible for the destruction of several large cargo ships," you admit quietly, looking down at your hands. Jiren watches you before he pulls out a larger folder. This one is labeled 'classified', so when he opens it and slides it to you... "What's this?"

         "We have had reports," Jiren begins. "Celri, the one with the monopoly on the trading business, has been dealing in shady acts. And I know that you know this."

         "I don't know what you're talking about."

         "Trafficking of different species all across the universe. And the only reason we know this, is because some of the survivors have come forwards."

         "And what does this have to do with me?" you grumble, shoulders slumping. You knew. You knew very well. Jiren looks at you for a moment before returning his attention to the folder.

         "Lying is pointless. The survivors have given us a description of their... Hero." Jiren lifts a paper and shows it, revealing a picture. Almost identical to you, aside from your cheeks. "They gave no name, but one isn't necessary. I don't believe in coincidences. You were on that ship for a reason." You don't respond, which allows Jiren to continue. "Your crimes will be overlooked if you help us."

         "A Pride Trooper allowing a criminal to escape?"

         "You're hardly a criminal," Jiren admits. "You do these things for the greater good. Perhaps your methods are different from ours..." The door soon opens, revealing a rather distressed looking Tappa. Tuppu. Whatever his name is. You look at the objects in his hand with a scowl. You did not like where this was going.

         "Are you sure about this?"

         "Yes."

         "What the hell is going on?"

         "Did you not tell her, Jiren?"

         "Tell me what?"

         "I was leading up to it."

         "Dammit, don't ignore me!"

         "With language like that, are you sure this is a good idea?" You glare at the Leader of the Pride Troopers. If they wanted to pretend you weren't there, then fine. You're patient. You can wait. The two continue their conversation, though this time you are unable to hear them. Eventually Jiren turns to you and places a red and black object (a fabricated one) in front of you.

         "You will be helping us take down Celri, and whatever partners he may have. You clearly have knowledge of them, which will make you useful," Jiren explains, crossing his arms. You look between the uniform, and the Pride Trooper with a shocked face. Nope. You were not doing this.

         "No."

         "You're an honorary Pride Trooper now."

         "So once we take out this fucker, I get to go free?"

         "Watch the language," Toppo grumbles, but he nods. "Though, you're right. You'll be let free once Celri is brought down."

         "And my record?"

         "Consider it gone." You huff and roll your shoulders, flinching when you hear a pop.

         "Listen, I'm not a fighter. I like hiding from combat."

         "We can work with that," Jiren says, approaching the two of you. You look at him for a moment before shrugging.

         "Fine."

---

         You cough as his boot is pressed into your neck. Your vision is blurring, and you can hear your own heartbeat. Is this where you die? Crushed like a bug? A pest? He snarls down at you before applying more pressure.

         "I can't believe you're the link that's causing the chain to rot away," he chuckles dryly. "I paid you to deliver the slaves, and what do you do? You betray me. And then you have the gall to try and kill me on my own ship..."

         "People aren't cargo, Celri," you hiss, barely forcing the words out. Celri snarls and raises his foot, then brings it down fast. Your eyes shut, though no pain comes. When you peek open an eye, you see Jiren standing above you. He offers a hand before nodding.

         "You've done well, (Y\N)." You hesitate before taking his hand, allowing him to help you onto your feet. Everything hurts. You stumble and fall into his arms, flinching at the contact.

         "Sorry," you groan, stepping back.

         "No worries," he says, shaking his head. You two stand in silence before Jiren places a folder in your hands. "We had a deal."

         "We did." You look at the file with a frown. Now that you weren't being blackmailed, you could easily run off. Start a new life. Never see any on the justice warriors again.

         "If you ever wish it... I'm sure we could always use an espionage specialist," Toppo chuckles as he approaches the two of you. You look at him before turning your attention back to Jiren.

         "I'm still not a fighter."

         "We could fix that." A smile works its way onto your face as you allow the two to guide you off the ship. Maybe this is better than being a common hoodlum. Just by a little bit.