Outlast AU (Goten x Reader)

The last one is for Trunks, and it will be up later today. Reporter reader, hooray! This one connects to the next part. It was requested by RedMoonRose! I hope you enjoy this one!

"Trunks? Where did you go?" Goten asks as he walks down the empty halls, flashing his light around. He had originally come to this asylum with his closest friend, Trunks, due to a dare given by a classmate of theirs. To be honest, Goten could hardly remember why they took the bet in the first place. Besides, this place is kind of boring. "Man, this sucks," the male grumbles. His thoughts travel to the work he has for his college class, and he immediately grimaces. Maybe this is better than that research paper... "Hellooo?" He calls; his voices bounces down the halls.

"Ah, was that a voice?" you question, quickly turning around. You narrow your eyes and stare down the dark corridor; something is familiar about the voice... You quickly glance about before running and finding a hiding place, it could always be a dangerous sociopath. You watch for several minutes before light shines on a nearby wall, which makes you blink in surprise. No patient would be able to find a flashlight, right?

"Hellooo?" The male with the flashlight calls, stopping several feet away from you. He investigates the area for a moment before scratching the back of his head. Based off his outfit, this kid is not a patient, nor a guard. You come out from hiding, and wince when something by your foot falls. Soon you're being blinded, and hissing as you cover your eyes.

"Holy shit-"

"Oh, hey!" The male doesn't move the flashlight, which makes you growl. At this, he quickly switches the light off and tucks the flashlight in his belt. "Sorry about that, I didn't mean to blind you like that." You lower your hands before blinking rapidly; your vision is still thrown off by the sudden light.

"It'll cool, don't worry..."

"Woah, wait a minute," the male says, crossing his arms. He leans close, and soon his face is a few inches from yours. "Hey, you wouldn't happen to be a graduate from Orange High, would you?" The question puts you on edge, but you nod regardless. "I thought you looked familiar!" He grows quiet before laughing. "Wait, (Y\N)?"

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" you grumble, eyebrows furrowing together. Something is familiar about that dopey grin and wide eyes... But you can't place your finger on it!

"Goten. Son Goten." You blink in realization before stumbling back. Goten was an acquaintance of yours back in high school (and throughout middle school), and a crush of yours back in freshman year. He was in a majority of your classes, so the fact you didn't recognize him is kind of embarrassing.

"Jeez, sorry... It's been a while is all." You look around before grabbing his arm with a serious look. "Listen, Goten, you shouldn't be flashing a light around like that... And shouting is going to get you in trouble," you warn, nodding your head.

"What do you mean?"

"Wait, have you not seen any of them?" you gasp, eyes wide. He's been meandering about without a care, and he's perfectly safe. You've been hiding and being careful, and you've had more adrenaline boosts than previously thought possible. "Goten, the people in this place are unhinged. They're free to do as they wish, and they'll kill you if they get you!"

"I'm sure you're over reacting, (Y\N). You've always been theatrical," Goten sighs, putting his hands upon his hips. "I'm sure there's nothing terrible going on he-"

"Shit, hide!" You hiss, grabbing his arm and pulling him to safety. Soon, as you heard, a patient walks by while dragging a body. The blood coming from the living man's face makes you ponder if he's planning on consuming the corpse. Goten is tense, and his hand holds your wrist in a tight grip. Soon the cannibal disappears down the hall, which causes Goten to slump back.