The Haunted House (Kid!Goten x Kid!Reader)

First, I'd like to thank you guys for helping me come up with a list of stories to write! Second, I think I need to come up with a schedule for updates... I tend to write a couple a day, post them, and then do nothing for several days. That's probably really annoying, and I apologize. Third, this was suggested by songohan- ! Sorry for the long winded opening... I also plan on writing as many of the suggestions as I can over this weekend so I can put them up throughout next week!

         "Goten! Goten!" You call with a laugh, crashing into your friend. The boy grins and swings you around, which makes you squeal in surprise. Trunks watches you two with a raised eyebrow, and then brings his hands to his hips.

         "What, not gonna greet me?"

         "Not with that attitude," you say, scrunching your nose. Your serious face melts away as you take him into a hug as well. Your mother watches you three with a large grin, then goes to greet her friends. Your father is already outside speaking with Goku and Krillin. You draw away from your friends before reaching into your messenger bag and pulling out a hastily written notepad. "You wouldn't believe what I read about!"

         "You know how to read?" Trunks scoffs, which causes you to punch him in the shoulder. Goten looks over your shoulder with wide eyes, curious as to what may have gotten you this excited.

         "So what did you find?" You turn to Goten with a large smile as you flip open the notebook.

         "There's this really old castle that's super haunted," you begin, your head bobbing in excitement. "And I'm gonna go investigate it!"

         "Woah!" Goten gaps, "So cool!"

         "It sounds dumb," Trunks scoffs, which makes you scowl. How could a haunted castle be dumb? As if reading your mind, Trunks shrugs and says, "Clearly it's just some dumb rumor the people around came up with. Tourist trap and all, you know?"

         "Well then, Mr. Smartypants," you huff, "You don't have to come with me."

         "Can I go, (Y\N)?" Goten asks, grabbing your arm. His grin is wide, which makes you smile back.

         "Of course! And then we can prove that Trunks is nothing but a stick in the mud!" The two of you cheer while Trunks frowns and crosses his arms.

         "I'm still here, you know." You and Goten ignore him in favor of planning your investigation.

         "This place is definitely creepier than I thought it would be," you grumble, staring up at the decrepit castle. Goten, who is standing on your left, tilts his head to the side. "What do you think?"

         "It makes me think of that movie. The one where the scary monster is a prince?" You turn your attention and tilt your head. You can see what he means.

         "Alright, no more dilly dallying!" You cheer, pumping your fist in the air. "Let's go find a ghost or two!"

---

         You cling to Goten as something falls over. What could a suit of armor be needed for? Goten is unphased, as he's been the entire time you've been inside the castle. The boy shines his flashlight on the metal body before walking over to it, which makes you gulp.