Admire the Simple Things (Piccolo x Reader)

I know I said I wanted to post things every other day, but I'm going to be in Boston tomorrow, and I won't have time to put anything up. I have many requests, and I would like to tell you which ones are complete. I have oneshots for Android 17, Master Roshi, and Adult Gohan. I also have finished Outlast AU's for the Grand Priest, Zamasu, and Goku Black. I just wanted to update everyone on their requests real fast, sorry! Finally, this was requested by the fantastic leonv21!  I hope you enjoy it!

         You land in a field thousands of miles away from civilization. Of course he would come here; the thought alone makes you chuckle. The Namekian, Piccolo, is meditating just a few feet away from you. Your presence doesn't seem to bother him, as he doesn't bother to acknowledge you. Gohan had stated he was worried for his father-figure, and you can see why. Something had been off about him ever since the Tournament of Power. You step closer and fold your arms behind your back; your gaze wanders over the scenery before settling back upon Piccolo.

         "If you want something, say it," he demands in a gruff voice, which makes you chuckle quietly. His standoffish attitude may put everyone off, but you're one of the few who can handle his personality. You could say it has come from years of friendship (Though the Namekian may not claim to be your friend).

         "We're all worried for you," you admit, taking a seat on the ground. Batting around the bush would get you nowhere, so you might as well be honest. "You haven't been yourself since the Tournament. Care to tell me why?" Piccolo scoffs at this and refolds his arms; he still hasn't given you a second glance.

         "There's nothing wrong. You can go home, (Y\N)." You huff at this and float up, matching his position in the air. He's serious about not getting help, huh?

         "You can cut the bullshit, Piccolo," you hum. "You and I both know that something is wrong." You watch him for a moment before frowning. "As I said, we're worried. We want to help you with whatever it is that's bothering you." Piccolo stays silent, which makes you sigh. "Come on, we've been friends for years! You can trust me with whatever's wrong; I won't tell anyone." Piccolo's shoulders slump; he knows you won't give up.

         "I've been doing some thinking, is all..." You wait for him to continue; his posture is rather uncomfortable. This must be something that's really bothering him... "I've trained for so long to be strong. I'm a fighter at my core, yet I'm always forced to the sidelines. I can't keep up with the others." This makes you stop and frown; this has really damaged his ego, huh?

         "Piccolo, you're one of the strongest people I know." This causes the Namekian to scoff and look up at the sky. "I mean it, Piccolo. You were chosen to represent Universe 7 because of this. Everyone considers you one of our best fighters..."

         "(Y\N), I was eliminated by a bug," he spits, finally revealing his anger. It's not directed at you, however, but at himself. "I lost to a damned bug!" This makes you chuckle quietly, which only fuels his anger.

         "I think you're forgetting all of my embarrassing losses," you hum. "And you seem to forget that the bug is a stronger fighter in his universe as well." Piccolo crosses his arms and returns to meditating; clearly he doesn't believe you. "Do you remember that time I was chased by a couple of shitty street thugs?" You ask, looking up at the sky. "All because I was an idiot and wasted my ki before running into them?"

         "The fate of our universe wasn't at stake," Piccolo grumbles, thinking back to that chase of yours. Though he's upset, a small smirk grows on his face. He had to save you from those thugs, and all it took was a harsh glare to send them running. You then spent the entire night thanking him, and trying to insist that you had everything under control.

         "What about Buu? Remember when he turned me into a piece of candy, and I ended up flying around running from him?" Piccolo lets out a low chuckle, which makes you grin. "I was flying spastically as I was avoiding him!" You lean back in the air and hum, "Sucks he still got me, though."

         "Your attempts at making me feel better are feeble," Piccolo grumbles, but you raise a brow.

         "I wouldn't be too sure of yourself." He glances to the side and uncrosses his arms, allowing his hands to rest on his knees. This makes you smile; he's showing signs of relaxation. "Alright, if you're still feeling sour... How about that time I challenged Yamcha to a fight?"

         "You only lost because you were sick." You were being made fun of for your sickly complexion, and had enough. You challenged Yamcha to a sparring match to prove your health, and lost. Miserably. Horrendously miserably. After the fight you couldn't stand, and Piccolo had to carry you to a doctor, despite the fact you were insisting everything was fine.

         "Still. You can't say you've lost to Yamcha," you hum.

         "What's your point in all of this?" Piccolo finally asks. "I know you're trying to make me feel better, but you're trying to prove something as well." You shrug and look away, frowning slightly.

         "You're not as pathetic as you seem to think. You're one of our best fighters, and one of our best friends." You float back to the ground and run your hands through your hair. "You're dedicated to fighting, and you want to protect everyone. And if you're having second thoughts, just think... Out of everyone they could have picked, you were one of the fighters chosen. That should be proof enough that you're strong." Piccolo stays silent and finally lands on the ground.

         "You're thinking about something. What is it?" You glance at the male before sighing, and rubbing your face. He hates when people beat around the bush, so you have no choice but to be honest.

         "I'm not supposed to be a fighter," you sigh. This makes Piccolo chuckle and shake his head, which makes you frown. "I'm not..."

         "I've watched you defeat Vegeta once before. And you held your own against Frieza back on Namek, did you not? You have short comings, but that doesn't take away from all of your victories..." You scoff at this, and punch his shoulder playfully.

         "You can say that to me, but not to yourself? Piccolo, I think you may be crazy." Your friend crosses his arms and grumbles, though you can't pick up what he's saying. You smile nonetheless and stand up from the ground; you dust yourself up before turning around to face the Namekian. "Come on."

         "What?"

         "I think you and I should go head to head in a small sparring match." You send him a wink, which causes a light blush to cover his cheeks. "Come on, meditating all day is boring." Piccolo smirks and stands as well, towering over you.

         "Can you hold your own in a fight, or are you sick again?" You sputter at this before blushing and crossing your arms.

         "I really was sick!"

         "Sure."

---

         You lean against Piccolo as you rub a bruise on your cheek. The two of you held nothing back, and in the end it was Piccolo who won (As you assumed he would). The Namekian rubs his wrist and glances down at you.

         "You think you can't fight?"

         "You think you're pathetic?" A smirk comes to his face and he shakes his head. When his arm wraps around you, you jump in surprise. Piccolo? Showing affection? "Piccolo?"

         "You're a strange woman, (Y\N)." This makes you huff, but smile nonetheless. You turn and lean against his chest to watch the sunset. The two of you stay like this, simply admiring the simple things.