Outlast AU (Goku x Reader)

Outlast is dark, and this one is too. 

         As you jump out of the vents, you find that you're in an area you don't want to be in. The person right in front of you blinks before sending you a large grin. Was this his cell? Looking to the musty bed, it was likely.

         "I see a pretty nurse," he laughs, moving closer to you. His nose is right against yours. This is bad! Very bad! "I've never seen the pretty nurse around here. My name is Goku." He waits patiently for you to introduce yourself, unmoving. Unnerving.

         "My... My name is (Y\N)?"

         "I like the pretty nurse named (Y\N)."

         "Thank you?" You move away slowly, creating some distance between you and the patient. You walk to the only door in the room and jiggle the handle, scowling when you find that it is locked. "This is just my luck..." You jump when a hand grabs yours. "What do you think you're doing?!"

         "I don't like it when the doctors leave me alone. I want to go with the pretty nurse..." You stare at him in shock before thinking it over. Perhaps letting him help you would be a good idea? But this is an unhinged patient at an asylum. How could you trust him?

         "Well I can't if we have no way of leaving..." Your eyes dart back up to the vents, and you're hesitant to go back up there. There was nowhere to go. Goku meanders over to his bed and drags it, revealing a small gap at the bottom of the wall. While small, it was enough space to crawl through. "Oh..." Goku gives you a lazy grin and watches as you approach the wall. "I guess... I guess we could go through here?" Goku beams when he hears you say 'we'. Kneeling down, you soon crawl through the opening and stand. You stumble away before thinking. You could run, and leave Goku here. But that would make you feel bad... Dammit. You wait for Goku, and sigh when he crawls through.

         "I wonder where Nurse (Y\N) is taking me."

         "Just (Y\N) is fine... And we're going to find a way out of this place." Goku nods dumbly, and grabs your hand. Looks like you'll be walking him out of here.

         A good thing about having Goku join you: he can move the shelves that block doorways. A bad thing: he rarely releases your hand. A good thing: Goku will boost you up to reach high areas. A bad thing: Goku is Kakarot, the guy that Broly wants dead. So honestly, having the patient come with you has a 50/50 pros/cons ratio.

---

         "Alright, Goku-"

         "I like it when (Y\N) says my name."

         "Th-Thank you? So, Goku-"

         "(Y\N) is so nice, staying with me..." You stare at the man with concern. Was something wrong? Was he going to snap and kill you?

         "Are you feeling alright?"

         "(Y\N) is a good person. She is always worried about me."

         "I'm... I'm starting to get scared, Goku," you admit, stumbling away from the patient. Goku blinks then frowns, shoulders slumping forwards.

         "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to scare you..." You stare at him. This had to have been the first time he spoke directly to you. "I'm sorry..." You frown and grab his hand, offering a smile.

         "Come on... We... We can put this behind us." Goku nods childishly and follows you through the doorway. Maybe you could get through this place with him.

---

         When you wake, your head is pounding, and you're scared. When you sit up, the first thing you see is Goku, who has blood covering his torso. Though, from how he moves, you can tell it isn't his. Fear hits you and you immediately try to crawl away from patient, who has his back facing you. Hearing you move, Goku straightens and turns to look at you. His face goes from unhinged to goofy in a matter of seconds.

         "(Y\N) is alright!"

         "What... What happened?"

         "When the big guy hit (Y\N), I was very worried." Your eyes move and land on the body behind Goku. You recognized him as one of the first few patients you had to run from.

         "He hit me?"

         "(Y\N) fell to the ground, and there was a lot of red stuff."

         "And you attacked him after?" Goku nods happily before limping over to you. The poor bastard was like a puppy... You stare up at the man before giving him a small smile. If you made it out of this place, you would definitely make it up to him.

---

         You stare down at Goku with concern, tears falling from your face. Goku wheezes as his hands clutch his stomach, there was too much blood to be safe.

         "There's gotta be a med-kit somewhere," you hiss, looking around. The man has grown on you, and you couldn't just sit and let him die. "Just hold out a little longer-"

         "Nurses and Doctors never liked me," Goku mumbles, moving one hand to grab your arm. "They wanted me to die."

         "Goku, I'm not going to-"

         "(Y\N) is different. She's pretty and nice... (Y\N) is a good person."

         "Goku, please! Please stop talking like that!"

         "I want (Y\N) to know that I'm glad we met."

         "I'm... I'm glad too..." You become limp, you're helpless. He's going to die here."

         "(Y\N) is my favorite person. I don't want her to be sad." You stay quiet and watch, hurt, as a pained expression crosses his face. "I trust (Y\N)..."

         "I trust you too..."

         "This hurts... Please..." Goku's hand tries to grab the knife from your pocket, making you gulp. You know what he wants. "Please..."

         "Do you want me to..?"

         "Please... (Y\N)..." You let out a sob as you pick up the knife. Quick and painless. He deserves it.

         "I'm sorry I couldn't get you out... Hopefully... Hopefully you're happy in the next life..."

---

         You wheeze as your stomach burns. Bullets hurt like hell, that's for sure. The soldier who shot you looks down before raising his gun. Orders are orders: terminate all living beings in the hospital. A journalist is no exception. You stare up at him before closing your eyes. You've accepted your fate.

---

         "(Y\N)?" When you open your eyes, the first thing you see is Goku. The second: the halo above his head. When you sit up, the male quickly takes you into his arms with a large grin. "I get to spend every day with (Y\N)!" You blink before smiling. You wrap your arms around him, and nod.

         "Yeah. Forever and ever."