Safe Haven (Dyspo x Reader)

Just trying a new perspective. Is this better? or should I switch back to the other writing style? Also... Episode 131 had me shook. 

         Clean and precise footsteps ring throughout the empty halls. Each heel click echoes, and can be heard throughout the entire complex. The source of the footsteps, (Y\N), stops for a moment and turns around. She was sure she heard a noise, but where could it have come from?

         - I swear I heard something – the woman thinks with a frown. Her (E\C) eyes dart across the hall before she adjusts the files in her arms. (Y\N) soon turns and begins walking down the hall again, yet this time she's positive she hears footsteps behind her. The woman comes to a stop before sighing. With a raised hand, she summons a ball of ki and allows it to float by her side. If her stalker didn't want to come out, then she'd force them. With a snack of her fingers the ball of ki goes flying, yet it never hits its target. Instead the orb is deflected, and it hits the wall next to her instead.

         "Someone's grumpy this morning," a voice grumbles. (Y\N) sighs through her nose and adjusts her glasses.

         "I had a stalker. I chose to take care of it." The woman moves the file to her other arm and faces her 'comrade'. "Why are you bothering me this morning, Dyspo?" The Pride Trooper pouts as his hands come to rest on his hips.

         "First of all, stalker is a bit extreme, don't cha think?" (Y\N) rolls her eyes and continues walking; she needs to deliver these reports to Toppo, after all. Dyspo jumps and jogs next to her, a small scowl on his face. "Hey, don't ignore me!"

         "Don't you have work to do?" (Y\N) sighs, shaking her head. "Or is bothering me the only thing you have to do?"

         "Come on, you know you love me!" Dyspo laughs. When his companion doesn't respond, his shoulders slump. "You like me?" More silence. "You... You tolerate me?" More silence. Dyspo deflates as he falls behind the woman. Did she truly hate him? "(Y\N)?"

         "Yes?"

         "Do you remember when we were friends?" Dyspo asks feebly, arms wrapping around his midsection. That was no lie; despite how she acts, (Y\N) was once very personable. The two grew up together on a small planet and two dreamed of joining the Pride Troopers. When they were accepted into the organization, everything went wrong. On a critical mission, (Y\N) was injured. She was taken captive, and tortured for information. She didn't open up, and held out until rescue. Though the damage was done. Every mission after that triggered flashbacks, and put her at risk. As such, (Y\N) was forced to retire. Now she is nothing more than a paper pushing assistant, while Dyspo is one of the top three fighters the Pride Troopers has.

         "Living in the past will get you killed," (Y\N) states, causing Dyspo to slow to a stop. He watches the woman walk away with a frown before turning and moving in the other direction.

---

         A screech leaves her lips as the villain fires a ki blast into her midsection. (Y\N) twitches as she feels a puddle gather below her. The villain, some good for nothing fool, smirks down at her.

         "All you gotta do, Doll, is tell me where they keep our buddies. We just wanna have a friendly get together," he purrs. (Y\N) glares up at him before nodding. She whispers something, causing her captor to lean closer to hear her. "Care to repeat that, Birdie?" (Y\N) spits, and winces when she spots the blood in it.

         "Go to hell."

         "You bitch!" The villain throws a punch, and a sickening crack is heard. Her nose is certainly broken. "You're making this harder than it needs to be," he hisses, charging another ki blast. "I'm going to give you one last chance."

          "I don't repeat myself."

         "Then die!" (Y\N)'s eyes close in order to prepare for the blow, but nothing comes. Instead the weight in lifted, and a frantic voice can be heard.

         "Shit, she's bleeding-"

         "Dyspo?" The male is speaking into his wrist watch as Jiren captures the villain. "Dyspo?"

         "Stay quiet, (Y\N)... Just... Just focus on not dying, alright?" (Y\N) looks around as she feels Dyspo's hands against the wound. She flinches, but does not make a noise. "Help is coming-"

         "Dyspo-"

         "(Y\N) you need to be-"

         "I'm glad you're here..." Dyspo freezes before meeting her gaze with wide eyes. (Y\N) stares up at him as her shoulders shake, and tears roll down her cheeks. Soon her eyes fall shut, causing the Pride Trooper to shout in alarm.

---

         The beeping of monitors makes (Y\N) groan and open her eyes. For a moment she's brought back to her first rescue, causing her heart to clench. The woman sits up and hisses in pain; the wound on her abdomen throbs in disagreement. Soon a knock is heard at the door, making her look up. The door opens, and Dyspo enters the room.

         "(Y\N), you're awake-"

         "You had to save me again." Dyspo blinks before walking across the room to the chair by the bed.

         "What was I going to do? Let you die?" (Y\N) stays silent and stares down at her lap. "(Y\N), I would never let you... We made a promise, remember? We're teammates."

         "Hardly," (Y\N) snorts, making Dyspo sigh.

         "Come on, are you jealous or something? Suddenly you became so... So... Just, what did I do to you?" (Y\N)'s gaze falls to the side as she sighs.

         "During my time in that hell," she begins, "I was so scared... I knew you'd come rescue me, and the thought made me sick..." A melancholy smile appears on her face. "Thinking about you busting in and getting hurt... Every night I woke from fits. Your death, even if it was fake, kept me up for days... And so I swore to make sure it wouldn't happen." Dyspo moves to reach his hand out, but stops himself. He didn't want to interrupt her. "And when you rescued me, I could only see a corpse in your place-"

         "Y\N)-"

         "And it's all because I'm not fit for field duty!" Her arms wrap around her body, making herself smaller. "I swore that I'd make you hate me, so you wouldn't come save me when I eventually... You know..." Dyspo stands and sits on the edge of the hospital bed. He wraps an arm around her shoulders before bringing her into a hug.

         "I'd do everything in my power to save you, (Y\N)." The woman clutches onto his uniform and buries her face into his chest. "I love you too much to let you die..." (Y\N) freezes before looking up at the Pride Trooper.

         "Dyspo?"

         "Don't say anything, (Y\N)," the male grins, showing that child-like personality she's grown to care for. "I'm going to win you over, got it? And I'm going to make you see that you're no burden!" (Y\N) hiccups before wrapping her arms around him, returning the hug. Being with him was the best safe haven she could imagine.