The Marriage (Trunks x Reader)

So this one does not end on a happy note. Which is why it comes first. The next one is more awkward, I guess? But yeah! 

         You smile quietly while taking a sip of your drink. Your date, Henry, was sitting across from you. He's a peer of yours, a kid from your high school trigonometry class. Henry had asked you on a date a couple days back, and you had agreed.

         "So, (Y\N), what do your parents do for work?" Henry asks, making you blink and focus on him. You smile a bit and look to your drink.

         "My mother was a scientist. She used to work with Bulma Briefs."

         "Really? That's cool," Henry compliments. "What does she do now?" You laugh awkwardly, looking to the side.

         "She isn't with us... Anymore." Henry gulps before quickly trying to change the topic.

         "What about your father?"

         "Well, you see," you start, but you're cut off by an explosion outside of the café. Your head snaps to the side, and you stand abruptly. "What the hell?"

         "Jesus Christ, is that an alien?" Henry gasps, pointing to the sky at a green figure. You recognize the figure as Piccolo, and your eyes narrow. Piccolo wouldn't attack a city for no reason, he had abandoned his plans for world domination quite some time ago.

         "Henry, we need to escape," you say quickly, giving his shoulder a light shove in order to make him move. Henry nods and grabs your hand before making his way out of the café.

         "This way! I think the subway system would be the best place to-"

         "Look out!" you shout, shoving Henry away as a large piece of debris falls between the two of you. You hear your date shouting your name, making you sigh. He's alright. Now separated from your classmate, you jump to the top of a nearby building to join Piccolo. "What's going on?" you call to the alien.

         "Someone is looking for Goku," Piccolo grumbles as he lands next to you, "He wants to destroy the Earth." You notice another alien in the distance, his skin is purple and he has large horns on the sides of his head. You and Piccolo get into a fighting stance, making the enemy scoff.

         "Would you happen to know who he is?"

         "His name is Ginyu, he was a problematic bastard back on my home planet," Piccolo explains gruffly. You nod and watch as Ginyu spreads his arms out. "Look out!" You heed Piccolo's advice, and you jump to the side to dodge a beam of light. "Stay on your feet. Ginyu is capable of switching bodies!"

         "Got it-"

         "Starting a fight without me?" a voice questions, making you scowl. Trunks lands by Piccolo, though he's glaring at you. "(L\N), go home. Let the REAL fighters handle this." You hiss and narrow your eyes.

         "You're really picking another fight, Briefs?"

         "(Y\N)," Piccolo barks, earning your attention. "Leave and get Goku, we'll need him." You grumble but nod, summoning a Capsule Car. You toss a look over your shoulder with a frown, wishing you could join the fight.

---

         Ginyu was defeated as soon as Goku got to the battle. No one died, though there was an impressive amount of damage to the city. You frown at your drink as Henry goes on and on about his "near death experience" due to the fight. You had felt guilty about your date being interrupted, as well as the fact that you had abandoned him in the chaos.