Outlast AU (Daishinkan x Reader)

This one has a patient reader! Also, as a side note, I have five drafts ready to be published so there should be a oneshot put up every day. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this one! It was requested by the fantastic RedMoonRose!

         His eyes are narrowed as he watches one patient eat another. How could these people think this is normal? Despite having been a therapist for years, Daishinkan still had no answers. Instead, he can only watch as these lunatics cannibalize each other.

         It all started when Daishinkan came to Mount Akira. He was a fresh graduate from his college (At the top of his class, he might have added) and he was ready to make a difference. His first job was to provide assistance to the patients who were experiencing PTSD. Very simple work, and the therapist took great pride in all of the achievements he made. His second case was that of (Y\N) (L\N). Now, none of the files held any real information on the girl. Her mother was a patient in this very same hospital, and gave birth while there. Little (Y\N) was taken into the system, only to be brought right back after a particularly aggressive act. And since that act, she was locked away as a lunatic.

---

         "Good afternoon, Ms. (L\N)," Daishinkan greets, setting down his tea. The girl sitting across from him only stares, yet her gaze is meeting him. She's on another plane of existence. His eyes roam her face; there are many gashes on her (pretty looking) face. The therapist quickly clears his head before crossing his legs and opening a notebook. "How are you feeling this morning?"

         "I'm fine," she mumbles, her voice scratchy. This makes Daishinkan smile; according to her file, (Y\N) never spoke with her doctors. This is substantial process already!

         "Very good! Now, I wanted to spend our first meeting getting to know each other, is that alright?" This woman in front of him nods, which makes Daishinkan giddy. So, so much progress in the span of ten minutes! "Alright, would you like to go first, or would you like me to?" (Y\N) nods her head at him, which makes him nod back. "Very well. Is there anything in particular you would like to know?"

         "Why are you here?" She asks immediately. Her eyes hold a great amount of pain, which nearly throws him off.

         "Well, I enjoy helping people," he begins. "And I think that all of you are forgotten once you're admitted here. That thought alone makes me very sad, so I want to fix it." (Y\N) stays silent, and she looks even more upset. "May I ask what's wrong?"

         "You don't know anything about this place."

         "What do you mean?" (Y\N) stays silent, and the rest of the appointment goes by like this. Unanswered questions, and an unsettling feeling.

---

         Daishinkan enters the women's ward and looks around. It is silent, and he immediately begins to assume the worst. He crushes some glass beneath his shoe and looks for the familiar cell. When he spots it, he jogs over and tugs at the door. It doesn't budge.

        "Come on," he grumbles, pulling at it again. Soon the door give way, and Daishinkan enters the room. It appears empty, though he doesn't give up. No... He knows better. The ex-therapist kneels on the ground and looks under the cot, and smiles when he spots a body. Your body. And even better? You're still breathing.

---

         Daishinkan enters the cell only to be shocked when nothing is there. Did she escape? He turns to exit the room, but a small sneeze catches his attention. When he looks behind him, he spots (Y\N) sticking her head out from under the bed.