Outlast AU (Gohan x Reader)

What's up, I'm updating from a bus. Patient reader, Reporter Gohan. Yay! This one was requested by RedMoonRose! And there are only two more Outlast AU requests left.

Your heart hammers as you hide behind a wall; you're holding your chest as you feel your face flush. You quickly cover your cheeks and grin. Boy, is that guy hot! You move to peer around the corner again and watch as tall, strong, and handsome pushes a case out of his way. Now that the door is free, he walks through it and raises his camera.

"Where's the key," the man asks, which nearly makes you swoon. God that VOICE. You hum and sneak into the room, spotting the key from a distance. You grab it and hide, tucking safely away so he can't spot you. The man looks around before groaning. "Come on, where is it?" Soon he leaves, and you peek out to watch him go. A goofy smile grows on your face and you tuck the key into the folds of your clothes. You then hum and skip out to find the handsome man.

---

"Come on, it has to be somewhere," the man grumbles as he looks around. What good could some dumb key do? You tuck yourself behind a corner and watch the man. His form is... Well sculpted... And you swear you could drown in those dark depths. Soon he's standing in front of you, on his face is a surprised look. "Miss, are you feeling alright?"

"Wah!" You stumble back as you move to cover your face. How did he get so close? How can he be more attractive in person? You quickly turn and face the wall, hiding your red face from him.

"M-Miss?" You shake your head quickly and sink to the ground, curling into a flustered ball. "I'm sorry if I scared you, but I was wondering if I could ask for some help?" he asks, kneeling down. "My name is Gohan, and I'm an investigative reporter. You see, I'm trying to find a key in order to get out of this place, and I can't find it..." You stay silent; his name is Gohan... It suits him, it really does. Gohan soon frowns before standing and running a hand through his hair. "Well, sorry for bothering you. Stay safe, alright?" And with that, he walks away and leaves you alone. Once he's gone, you deflate and fall to the ground. You're spread out as you giggle and stare at the ceiling.

"He cares about me," you whisper before reaching into your clothes. You grasp the key before grinning like a madman. "And his name is Gooohaaan."

---

You scowl as you notice the creepy man trying to take Gohan from you. The man is disgusting, and he's been stalking him throughout this entire level! You find a shard of glass and hold it in your hand; he can be a threat to your happiness. He needs to be taken care of before he becomes a home wrecker. You creep up behind the taller man and plunge the shard into his neck, and you watch as he topples and falls back.

"Goodbye, filthy home wrecker," you mutter, delivering a swift kick to the dead man's side. You then glance up and spot the confused looking Gohan. Clearly he's still looking for your engagement ring... Or was it the key? You frown before tapping your chin; how can you make sure Gohan doesn't leave? Your eyes travel to the stab wounds on the fresh corpse, and a wicked grin grows on your face. Oh, there's no way he'll find that key.

---

"Oh. It's you, again," Gohan says as he shines a light on you. A large blush grows on your face and you turn around, hiding yourself from him. "Hey, I know I've asked, but have you seen a key around here?" You manage to shake your head 'no', which makes him sigh and scratch the back of his head. There's no way to leave this place; he had gotten in by falling and there's only one locked door. "Well, I'm glad to see you're safe," he says, turning around to continue his search. You perk up and watch him leave; he stops at the corpse before shining the light on it.

"Shit," you hiss quietly; did he know? Gohan then looks back at you, concern on his face. His gaze makes you blush yet again and cover your face with your hands.

"Did you do this?" You manage a weak nod, and Gohan shifts the light back on the body. "Why? This is a human man... I'm sure he didn't deserve this!" So Gohan regrets the death of the whore, huh? A dark look passes over your face. How dare that home wrecker corrupt him! "Why did you do this?" Gohan asks, his voice is nearly demanding.

"He attacked me," you lie. "H-He said he wanted me!" you cry out, covering your face. This man was trying to come in between you two. Whether it be taking Gohan, or killing you. "I-I had to defend myself." Gohan approaches you quietly, and places a hesitant hand on your shoulder. When you meet his eyes, you shiver but hold still.

"I'm sorry... I assumed the worst and I..." Gohan looks around before sending you a kind smile. "Why don't you come with me, huh? Maybe we can find the key together... Besides, you'll be safer with me than alone..." Your heart skips a beat, and your hands rest above your heart. Is he asking you out? Like, a date?

"I... Yes?"

"Great!" Gohan grins, nodding. "Come with me, then." He stands and offers you his hand, which you take. He doesn't seem to notice your enamored expression as he tugs you up onto your feet. When he goes to let go, you flinch.

"Please don't... I-I'm afraid of someone like that filthy... Disgusting man coming after me," you admit, looking down at your feet. Gohan turns to look at you before sighing and nodding.

"Understandable. Just keep up, okay?"

"Yes, Gohan!"

---

You stand in front of Gohan as a mess; blood covers you head to toe. In front of you is the mangled corpse of the latest home wrecker. Your eyes are narrowed, and your breath is shallow. Gohan stares up at you with fear; so you were as unhinged as everyone else in this place. You soon turn to stare down at him, which makes him gulp and shiver.

"Listen, (Y\N)-"

"He was going to do something bad, and I could not let him," you say, a small smile growing on your lips. You bring a hand to your face and giggle, "I couldn't let him do it. He's not going to separate us, right? We're happy together, right?"

"(Y\N)-"

"You and I are going to be together forever!" you hum, approaching Gohan and kneeling in front of him. You reach out and poke his nose, leaving behind a bloody dot. "No filthy home wrecker will come between us, okay?" When you open your eyes, you frown. "Come on, why do you look so upset? Don't you wanna be with me?"

"Are... Are you going to kill me? Like you did to that man?" Gohan asks, hardening his expression. He doesn't want to hurt you, but he doesn't want to die, either. This makes you blink before laughing,

"Don't be silly. As if I would harm a hair on your adorable head!" you hum. This makes Gohan relax slightly; at least he was slightly safe. "Come on, Gohan!" You say, grabbing his hand and tugging. He stands slowly, which makes you beam up at him. "We still need to get that key!" And with that, you skip off while pulling him along. He is your darling Gohan! And the two of you are going to be happy forever!