Soulmate AU (Gohan x Artist!Reader)

I have no idea how to use discord, and I feel ridiculous because of this. In other news, have another oneshot! This one is a soulmate au in which anything written on your soulmate's skin will appear on yours (And vice versa). I love soulmate AUs, so this one was so much fun! This was requested by dbsuper17! I hope you enjoy it!

         The first words you ever found on your skin weren't even words. They were numbers and formulas that you couldn't wrap your young mind around. Your mother, when she spotted all the calculations on your skin, immediately assumed the worst. Your soulmate has to be older than you... and if they're doing stuff like this, then your soulmate needs to be a good twenty years older than you.

         "Is that so bad?" you ask. You're five, maybe six, and you don't understand soulmates or the legal age of consent. Your mother simply frowns, and turns to continue doing her laundry.

         "You'll understand when you're older, (Y\N)."

---

         The first words Gohan ever finds on his skin are not words at all. In fact, they're numbers at the end of the formula he wrote on himself, followed by a question mark. Answers to his equations, perhaps? His mother, who was the first to spot the mystery numbers, blinks in surprise before grabbing his arm.

         "My baby boy's soulmate is so curious!" she squeals, holding a cheek. Soulmates. Now that's not something that's a mystery to the young boy. His mother and father are soulmates, and he can see the bond between them. He's also aware of what comes with it: whatever is written on your skin appears on your soulmate's skin (And vice versa).

         "Mom, you're holding my arm a bit too tight," Gohan says, which causes Chi-Chi to release him. The young boy rubs where his mother was holding before looking at the response. Sure, the numbers weren't the correct numbers but at least it was an attempt. Gohan looks around before crossing out the numbers, and writing the correct one. At least his soulmate would have the correct answer to the formula.

---

         You're rushing out of your house as a panicked mess. Your hair is wild, your shirt is backwards, and you're struggling to put your backpack on. Your soulmate bond had long since been forgotten; yours never wrote on their skin as much as you. Definitely not as much as you. As a clumsy art student, you constantly lose your planner, which forces you to rely on your forearm. As well as your to-do list, you also tend to doodle and paint where you can.

---

         Gohan wakes up and smiles when he sees the messy (F\C) scrawl on his arm. He rubs his eyes and lightly traces over the words. When his eyes land on the bottom of the list, he sits up and blinks in surprise. 'Umami' is a familiar name; he passes the restaurant on a day to day basis!

         "So you're going to be there?" he questions. To be honest, Gohan's been dreaming of this meeting for ages, and the fact he has an actual chance to meet the person behind the art? His schedule is nothing but studying, and if he's quick he can be there before them! The half-Saiyan jumps out of bed and quickly gets dressed. On his way out he grabs his messenger bag, and a (S\F\C) pen.

         "Ah, Gohan where are you going?!" Chi-Chi demands, balancing a laundry basket on her hips. When she spots the writing on his arm, her brows furrow. She also recognizes 'Umami', apparently. His mother soon connects the dots before squealing and dropping the laundry basket. "Oh my! Go, go, go!" she urges, shoving her eldest son out the door. "You have a soulmate to meet!"