Outlast AU (Bardock x Reader)

A hand clamps over your mouth, easily muffling the scream you try to give. You're frozen in fear. Who the hell is this? You can feel their breath on your neck, which sends shivers up your spine. Fight of flight kicks in, and you attempt to elbow the person behind you. This fails, and your arm is held behind your back.

         "Don't be stupid, woman," the person, a male, growls. You're shaking as he tilts your head, allowing you to look at him. The scars on his face make you wonder how much trouble this man has gotten into. Did he get them from this revolt? Or, perhaps, did he get them before he arrived? The stranger looks ahead then quickly drags you into a room behind him, shutting the door. From the corner of your eyes, you can see Broly walking in the hallway from the door's window. The man, the guy who just saved your life, releases you and lets out a sigh. You stumble back a bit in order to create some space while stuttering out a 'thank you'.

         "That brute's been chasing me throughout this entire place," you mumble, a hand to your chest. You open an eye to take in the stranger's appearance. His dark hair is spiked out everywhere, and you'd be lying if you said you didn't find him handsome. In a rugged way, of course. The man is wearing the same outfit as the patients, aside from the crimson headband. According to his name tag, his name is Bardock. The man leans against the wall with his arms crossed, and you can tell he's observing you as well. "Why... Uh... Why did you save me?"

         "I have a headache, and I don't want to listen to your screams of agony," Bardock shrugs, closing his eyes. Alright... Rude.

         "Well... Thank you, Mr. Bardock, Sir."

         "Just Bardock."

         "Sorry..." You peek out the window and everything seems clear. "Well, thank you, Bardock. I owe you." Bardock snorts before looking to the door.

         "You think you'll survive out there?"

         "I have to." At this, the man smirks and watches as you leave the room. You have to? Hell, that's the funniest thing he's heard all day.

---

         You gasp for breath as you shake your head. Some prisoner named Turles was the creepiest one yet! Once you catch your breath you climb up to a vent, only to let out a shout of surprise when something grabs your ankle.

         "How have you survived this long?" a voice asks. "You're clumsy, and you're not being careful." You fall from the vent and notice Bardock leaning against the wall. An amused look is present on his face.

         "Listen, most of these people aren't very bright," you defend as you cross your arms. Bardock snickers and points up to the vent.

         "Clearly you aren't either. Do you know where this leads?"

         "I... No?"

         "So you were going to run, face first, into a mystery vent?"

         "It... It's worked out in the past." Bardock shakes his head with a sigh, making your face heat up.

         "This leads straight to the men's showers. That's where the really fucked up patients are." Your face pales as you look up at the vent. Maybe it's good that Bardock stopped you?

         "Why are you helping me this time?"

         "Screams echo throughout the vents. And I have a migraine." Something tells you that he's lying, but whatever. You stare at Bardock before sighing.

         "Alright, then what do I do?"

---

         Bardock has insisted on coming with you, if only to help you get through the asylum. He kept claiming it was because of the headache, but really? You two came across plenty of loud noises, none of which seemed to bother him.

         "This way." You look to Bardock and watch as he bashes down a door. Something was still knowing at you. Bardock didn't seem crazy. He seemed normal... So why was he in this place?

         "Bardock, who are you?" At this, the man stops before letting out a chuckle.

         "Is that the question you really want to ask?" You shift nervously when he looks at you from over his shoulder. "Or, are you more interested in why I'm here?" You open your mouth before nodding.

         "You just... You're different from everyone else we've come across..."

         "I crossed a very dangerous man. Let's leave it at that."

         "Who?"

         "I said: let's leave it at that."

         "Bardock, come on! You haven't answered any of my questions," you plead, head tilting to the side. The man sighs before turning to face you. For once he appears tired.

         "What do you know about this place?"

         "Well... This place has a couple spots on its record... Fraud and mistreatment of patients..." Bardock stays silent, as if waiting for you to add more. "I... What else should I know?"

         "Forget it."

         "Stop acting so aloof all the time!" You stare at Bardock before you think about it. Why do you care so much? This is just some patient in a mental hospital! Bardock rubs his face before his shoulders slump.

         "I was working here under the owner. The Cold family has run this place for their greedy purposes for generations... I... I found out something they wanted to hide... And so, Frieza had me admitted here under false pretenses." You stare at him in shock.

         "Bardock..."

         "Over the time I've been here, I think... I've become like them."

         "You're wrong..." You place a hand on his arm before nodding. "Listen. You and I are going to get out of here, together."

         "Why?"

         "You're a good person, and you don't belong here. We're going to escape, and we'll be safe."

         "But-"

         "No buts, Bardock!" You send him a confident smile, and a thumbs up. "We're surviving this hellhole, and that's that!" With Bardock at your side, anything is possible. And you'd be more than happy to have him by your side for the rest of your life.