Outlast AU (Zamasu x Reader)

I love how I say, "I want to start making a schedule" and yet I can't stop myself from updating several times in a day. Anyways, in this you are a reporter again, hooray! This was requested by the fantastic RedMoonRose! I hope you enjoy it! Also, strange question, what are good places for fandoms? I kind of miss participating in the community, and I'm kinda wondering where I can find these things... Any suggestions would be cool!

         You hiss as your camera glitches for the third time within ten minutes. Ever since one of the patients dropped it over the railing, the damned thing hasn't been working. You sigh and look around the empty halls with a deep frown. Where are you at this very moment? And, as a side concern, is there anyone around that you have to hide from? Broly hadn't bothered you in a while, nor had the other two patients... Vegeta and Nappa? Yeah, those creepy jerks.

         "Alright, unbearable silence," you cheer sarcastically. You hop over a desk and spot an open window, which makes you light up. A window typically leads to the outside, and this one doesn't have any bars on it! You run to the opening and glance about; it is a very short climb down! You lift yourself up and out, carefully maneuvering your way down the wall. Once your feet touch the ground, you observe the dark courtyard. It's empty, aside from the rusty barbed wire and rotting posts. In the distance you can spot a large metal fence, with barbed wire at the top. Climbing is out of the question, then. "I can try and loop around the building... Maybe I can get to my car that way."

         You walk along the edge of the building as your head bops from side to side. Soon, however, your walk is interrupted when you trip and hit the ground. You groan from the fall, and shake your head. When you turn around, you can see something staring up at you. A severed head... You jump and kick the thing away, backing up far enough to glance around. That means something is also out here. Something that wants to kill you just as badly as it did to that man.

         "Shit," you hiss, turning around. Someone is standing there, though, which makes you let out a shout of surprise. The man is very pale, almost like a ghost. His pure white hair doesn't help that look either. The man regards you with a glare and a snarl, clearly he isn't happy about your existence.

         "This is a sacred place. Filth shouldn't be here," he growls, grabbing your arm. You quickly try to yank away, which makes him growl and tug you close to him. The name on his uniform says 'Zamasu'.

         "Let me go! I'll leave, and this place won't be filthy, right?" your attempts to bargain seem to do nothing, as Zamasu starts to drag you elsewhere. "Hey! I-I'll leave! And then-"

         "Shut up." You gulp and try to break from his grip, which makes his throw you in front of him. You stare up at the man with wide and frightened eyes, which makes him scoff. "I'm willing to ket you live if you provide me with your assistance. As much as the idea repulses me... You see, my comrade is gone, and I can't do it on my own."

         "And what is it I'll be helping you with?"

         "Oh, you'll see, soon," Zamasu smirks.

---

         You stare at the corpse on the ground before hesitantly looking at Zamasu. The man steps closer to the body and kneels down.

         "You're to hold this still, do you understand?" You look at where he's pointing: the arm. When Zamasu looks over his shoulder, you nod silently and kneel over the corpse. As much as you'd rather be elsewhere, you have to indulge this psychopath. "Very good. Now, I just have to cut the stem."