Rivals (Kid!Trunks x Kid!Reader)

This is the setup for the next two chapters. Both are connected to this one, by they aren't connected to each other... Consider them two branching sequels to this one (When they're released).

        You glare at your rival as your hands clench into fists. Trunks, the huge jerk, crosses his arms and sticks his tongue out. He had just made a comment about how women are incapable of fighting, and your blood was on fire. You'd make him eat those words.

        "Care to prove it?" you growl, crossing your arms. Goten, the sweetheart, simply looks between the two of you nervously.

        "I'd beat you any day," Trunks scoffs, turning away. "Face it: women are meant for the sidelines. That's where they belong." You hiss, your hair standing at your neck.

        "How dare you-"

        "That's why you don't have a mom, isn't it?" The moment those words are out of his mouth, you've pounced on him with the intent of killing him. Silencing him. Goten immediately jumps in, attempting to pry your hands from him neck. Bulma runs out, cradling Bulla in her arms.

        "Ah! What is going on?!" At her shout, Goten is finally able to pry you away. Bulma glares at you, and then at her son. "Goten, what happened?" Goten tenses as you and Trunks turn and glare at him. Eventually the Saiyan child shakes his head. He didn't want either of you hating him. Bulma sighs and rubs her face. "Both of you separate until you can act civil." You snort and turn your head to the side.

        "Trunks doesn't know how to do that."

        "Yeah, and (Y\N) can't be trusted to stay out of trouble."

        "Fight me, Trunks."

        "You're too weak-"

        "Enough, both of you," Bulma snaps before rubbing her face. Terrible twos? Clearly no one has met two spiteful seven year olds.

---

        "I'm the fastest in the universe!" Trunks gloats, crossing his arms.

        "Put your money where your mouth is, Trunks," you growl, red eyes darting to glare at the male. Trunks is momentarily caught off-guard. Have you been crying? Trunks quickly shakes off the thought and puts his hands on his hips.

        "Fine. But I want to fit some training into this baby-play of yours," he scoffs. Goten covers his face, this wouldn't be good. Trunks looks around before pointing at the largest tree. "First one up the top of the tree and back down wins. Deal?"

        "Whatever makes you feel better," you grumble, standing next to him. "Care to be the judge, Goten?"

        "Y-Yeah," Goten agrees, sitting down on a nearby rock. You and Trunks nod before kneeling to the ground. "Alright. Three. Two... One!" You and Trunks are at the base of the tree in a blink of an eye. You're climbing branches quickly; jumping back and forth in a serpentine manner. Trunks, caught off-guard by your speed, nearly falls when he doesn't make it to the branch. His leg misses the branch, and suddenly there's blood. A lot of it. He shouts out in pain, stopping to hold the wound. At the noise, you freeze and look down.

        "Trunks?" you ask, climbing down. When you see the gash, you cringe and close your eyes. You've never liked the stuff. It makes you sick. Trunks is holding back tears, his body shaking.

        "Just climb the tree and win," he spits, shoulders tense. You peek at him for a moment before grabbing his arm and putting it around your shoulder. "What the hell are you doing?!" Trunks asks, his face bright red.

        "Getting you down from the tree." You can't fly him down... You can't fly at all. "We'll have to climb down," you mumble, eyes narrowing.

        "Why don't we fly?" Trunks hisses, flinching when pain shoots through his leg.

        "You're too heavy." And with that, you begin leading Trunks down from the tree. You make it to the quarter-way point before stopping. This was too tiring. "It looks like Goten's gone to get help," you note, simply trying to make conversation. Trunks nods, still not looking at you. You look down to the gash before cringing yet again. And with that, you two climb back down and reach the ground. Just as Bulma runs out, followed by Goten.

        "Ah! Trunks!" Bulma is by his side in seconds, looking over the wound. "I told you to be careful-"

        "Sorry mom..." Bulma looks to you before sighing.

        "Thank you for helping him down. You nod before walking away, making Bulma frown. No eight year old deserved to lose their parents. Bulma looks to Trunks before tending to his wound. She should focus on the big problems first.

---

        "I'm the better cook!" Trunks boasts, making you growl.

        "Like hell you are!"

        "Bake off. Whoever makes the better sweets wins."

        "Fine." And with that, you two spend the rest of the day making chocolates and giving them to each other to prove who makes them better. By the end of the day, you two are messy and pissed. A draw was not acceptable.

        "A new challenge," Trunks mumbles, crossing his arms. You look to him. "I bet I'm going to be the better spouse." Your eyebrow twitches.

        "Care to explain?"

        "One day I'm going to be married, and I'm going to have the best family. Better than yours." You growl and clench your hands into fists.

        "Like hell. I'm going to be a fantastic mom! And wife-"

        "You're too aggressive to be a wife," Trunks laughs.

        "And you're too much of a jerk to be a dad." Trunks glares at you before looking at the sky.

        "Alright, I know a way we can do this... We go to Vegas, and we get married. We can find out who the best spouse would be." You narrow your eyes as Trunks smirks. "Unless you're a chicken?"

        "Get a Capsule Car."

---

        You sign the contract with a victorious smirk. The chapel man, who is too drugged out to care, simply hands the certificate to Trunks and waves over the next couple. Luckily everyone was too drunk to stop you.

        "Alright, wife of mine. Bet starts now."

        "Fine, my dearest husband." You two step out from the sloppy chapel, and Trunks shoves the certificate in his pocket. "So where are we going?"

        "Well, I guess we should eat?"

        "TRUNKS!" You two jump and turn, spotting a Capsule Car coming towards you at break neck speed. On top of it is Vegeta, therefore the driver as to be...

        "Crap," Trunks gulps. When Bulma lands, she storms in front of the two of you. She glares around at the area before looking back at the two of you.

        "Both of you... Get in the car. You two are in so much trouble!" You and Trunks look between yourselves before entering the car. The entire ride home is spent listening to Bulma yell at you both. Your bet is forgotten by the time you get home. The only proof of it being the crumpled certificate that Trunks tosses under his bed.