Outlast AU (Turles x Reader)

Another dark one! Hooray! Also, this one kind of wanders into some... Kinky territory. Nothing smutty, I promise, but... Definitely some strange stuff, you know? Just figured I'd give a warning.

         Out of all the things you've seen in this damned place, this is certainly one of the most nerve wracking. On the wall is a phrase written in blood.

         "The fruit will blossom," you begin to read aloud, "and we will reap what we've sewn." Shivers run up your spine and you're filled with nervousness. You turn and look at the stairs that disappeared into the ceiling. You were stuck down here with whoever wrote this. You walk to the door that's slightly ajar, and you peek out into the hall. On the walls out here were crudely painted trees. "Art skills of a god damned toddler," you grumble before scrunching your nose. Soon, humming bounces off the walls. "Shit..." You glance around quickly before running to another door. You grab the handle, but when you look up you're frozen in fear. A man is staring at you through the window. The smug expression he has makes you fear for your safety.

         "Hello, Doll." You stumble back and watch as the man walks away from the door, and now you're in panic mode. You run to a desk at the then of the room and hide under it. In the room adjacent, the doors are kicked down. "Doll?" The man calls, taking steady steps. Each click of his shoes makes your stomach twist. "Come on out Doll, I didn't mean to scare you!" He punctuates his statement with a dark chuckle. "I just wanted to see my darling girl up close!" The man enters the room and looks around with narrowed eyes. Lucky for you, it was too dark for anyone to see.

         "Just walk away," you whisper to yourself, watching as he moves towards the middle of the room. Just a little farther and you'd be able to make a run for the door he entered from.

         "Come on Doll, I know we can work things out! You can't give up on us just yet." Give up on 'us'? You're hesitant to wonder how he deluded himself into thinking like that. "I need you just as you need me..." The man walks to the other end of the room, which allows you to crawl into the next area. You spot the door he kicked down and give a triumphant grin. "I can make you feel whole! And together... Together we can plant the seed!" What kind of innuendo is that?! You make it to the door, and you begin moving down the hall as fast as you can. You're halfway down the new hall when you hear him laugh. "There you are, Sweetheart!" You glance over your shoulder to find that the man is stalking towards you. Shit! You begin sprinting, but no matter how fast you run he always seems to be behind you. "Doll, why are you making this difficult? Just stand still, and we can begin our work!"

         "Back off!" You sprint as fast as you can, but soon you're at a dead end. Oh no... There's no way you can fight this psychopath! When you turn to face your pursuer you find that your face is with his chest. So this guy's named Turles? The patient smirks down at you before raising his hand. And soon, everything is black.

---

         When you open your eyes, you find that you're strapped to a table. The walls around you have the same trees painted on them, but instead of fruit there are hand prints.

         "Lovely, isn't it?" You turn and glare at Turles, who chuckles and runs a finger down your cheek. "You certainly ran fast, my little rabbit..." A smirk grows on his face as he harshly grabs your chin. "But not fast enough." Turles picks up a knife from a nearby table and inspects it. "A shame you ran so fast. I guess you really don't want to help me, huh?"

         "Fuck you," you spit. Sure, it wasn't a smart thing to say, but what else can you do?

         "Gladly," Turles purrs, making your face explode into a blush. Damn him. The male clicks his tongue before turning his head. "It appears some other fool has found their way down here... I'll come back for you, Doll. I still have plenty of work to do."

         "Am I going to die here?" You can't help but ask him, even if the answer is horrible. Turles stops and looks at you from over his shoulder.

         "Consider this a sacrifice for the greater good." And with that, the man cackles and leaves the room. No... You refuse to die like some animal! You growl and look to your restraints. They're old and rotted. You roll your wrist and tug repeatedly, eyes narrowed. Soon you get your dominant hand out, allowing you to unclip the rest of the binds. Now that you're free, you start running through the halls. This time you'll be smarter. It takes a few moments before an enraged scream echoes throughout the halls. He must have found out.

         "I need to be careful..." You quickly take to the shadows and wait. And, as you assumed he would, Turles barrels by you.

         "Where are you?!" he glances about wildly, but does not see you. He soon continues running, allowing you to slip to a new area. Maybe he'd give up after an hour or two? As you wander silently, you come across a locked door. From the looks of it, this must be the only exit.

         "The key should be around here, right?" You turn and enter the nearest room. After searching it, you find that there is no key. Scowling, you go to the adjacent room. And, like the first, there is no key to be found. "Son of a-"

         "When I find you-"

         "Shit!" You hide as Turles enters the room. His eyes move across the room, and when he can't find anything he leaves. You release a sigh of relief as you crawl out. "That was too close for comfort..." You leave the room and go to another, grinning when you spot a key on a table. "Bingo!" You grab the key and sprint to the exit. You hold the key in your fist and you stare at the lock. When you try the key, your face drains of color. It's not the right one. A hand comes to rest on your shoulder, and a chuckle sounds by your ear.

         "Nice try, Sweetheart," Turles purrs. "But I have the only key out of this place." Turles dangles your only hope in front of your face. "A shame, isn't it?" His chin rests on your shoulder, and a smirk comes to his face when he sees the tears rolling down your cheeks.

         "Dammit..." Your shoulders shake. You were so close!

         "You know, I think I have a special plan for you, Darling." His hand moves from your shoulder to your neck. "You have certainly... Grown on me, pet."

---

         "There's my good girl," Turles laughs, his hand coming to your cheek. He tilts your head up and gives a wicked grin. "How was my Sweetheart? Hopefully you didn't misbehave?" You shake your head and place your hand over his.

         "I missed you so much."

         "I know, Darling. I know." Turles sits and pats his lap, causing you to stand on wobbly legs and approach him. "Come here, Doll." You sit on his lap and wrap your arms around his neck. Turles smirks and brings you closer. "Isn't this better than what you were trying to do?" You nod, numb, and bury your face into his neck. You weren't going to escape. It's not like you could, anyways.