Award Show (Imagine)

After 5 years of being with Brendon, you had never made a proper public appearance with him. Sure, you'd been photographed going to the grocery store or being backstage at one of his concerts. But, as for social events with flashing cameras and interviewers, it was something you'd never done and tried to avoid. It just wasn't your thing and the mere thought of it terrified you. However, Brendon was receiving an award for Best Vocalist at the APMA'S and you didn't want to pass up on the opportunity to see him up on stage, accepting the award.

You'd arrived in Ohio with Brendon a few days prior to the awards, to allow yourselves to settle in to the hotel and so Brendon could rehearse, as he was also going to be performing at the awards. As the awards grew nearer, you could feel your anxiety rising.

'Babe, listen to me. It's going to be okay, I'll be there with you on the carpet and I'll do all the talking, nobody will force you to speak if you really don't want to' He says, taking your hands in his and gently kissing them.

Somehow, he always knew how to make you feel better and just the thought of him being there with you and doing all the talking, settled you quite a lot. Brendon could win a Gold medal in talking, so you knew that his promise was genuine and one that he could keep up with.

'Part of me is excited, I have bought the most amazing outfit and I've managed to secure Ohio's best stylist to do my hair and makeup. I'm determined not to have any ugly photos of me' You say, relaxing on the bed and flicking through the TV channels.

'First of all, I can't wait to see this outfit, I bet it's divine. Second, you could never look ugly even if you tried. I wish you saw yourself the way I see you. You're so beautiful and those photographers aren't gonna know what's hit them' He winks at you, before joining you on the bed.

*The Award Show*

'Just need to apply some mascara and then you're all set' Kayleigh, your stylist says. She'd deliberately not sat you in front of a mirror, as she didn't want you getting any sneak peeks before she was done. You were surprisingly very calm, Kayleigh had kept you occupied with all the gossip about her most difficult clients.

While you were getting dolled up, Brendon had been busy getting ready and warming up his voice. There was something so relaxing about him doing his vocal warm-ups, you could literally listen to him all day and not get bored. Several times, he'd tried to come into the room you were in, but you and Kayleigh had both given him a severe warning. 

After Kayleigh applied the mascara, she turned you round to face the mirror so you could admire her work. You were utterly speechless, you looked... incredible. For once, you actually felt pretty and felt a little bit more confident in facing the cameras.

You put on your dress, which was a long black dress and looked at yourself in the mirror. Tears formed in your eyes, but you quickly blinked, because you didn't want to ruin your makeup. Never in your whole life had you ever thought of yourself as being beautiful, but tonight you did. For once, you felt content in yourself and your anxieties seemed to wash away. 

You stepped out of the room and Brendon stopped in his tracks. He looked you up and down, before a great big beaming smile spread across his face.

"Y/N, you look... fucking stunning! Wow, I must be the luckiest man alive to be able to call you mine. Let's go knock them dead baby" He says, offering you his arm, which you accept by linking yours through it.

As soon as you step out of the car, you're greeted by a large crowd of people, huddled on a red carpet. Brendon had already briefed you and explained that he would have to do a few, short interviews before you could go in and take your seats.

The first interview went well, they just asked about the influences for the new album and whether there was going to be a tour anytime soon. Brendon spoke to them in his usual, cool manner. The way his face lit up while talking about his music warmed your heart and you couldn't help smiling too. The interviewer did acknowledge you and asked how you were doing, but they could sense that you weren't as willing to talk so respectfully left you alone.

The second interview was even better and you found yourself speaking more, even making a few jokes. Brendon couldn't help but gaze at you in complete adoration, hardly able to believe his luck that you were his.

The rest of the award show went smoothly, you soon relaxed and were able to talk to anyone that Brendon introduced you to. You didn't even feel anxious when you were sat alone while Brendon was performing and accepting his award. You were just so focused on him, that nothing else mattered. You were just so utterly in love with him.

When you got back to the hotel, Brendon kissed you passionately and pulled you into a tight hug.

'I've never been more proud of you. I know tonight wasn't your ideal scenario, but you handled it so well and you looked absolutely beautiful. People kept coming up to me to tell me how good you looked' He smirked, stroking the side of your face lightly.

You just smiled and headed into the bathroom, to remove your makeup and outfit.