Fans (Fluff)

A/N: Obviously I know not every fan is like this, but in order for a Fluff story, I had to write about nasty fans.

Y/N POV:

From the very start of mine and Brendon's relationship, fans have been very welcoming and supportive. Every time I post a photo or a tweet, they respond in their thousands. It's so lovely to be able to build up a relationship with them too, seeming as they're seeing a lot more of me. Some fans even stop me in the street and ask for a photo. At first, I thought it was slightly weird because I'm not famous like Brendon, but now I find it sweet so happily accept it. Of course though, there are 'fans' that aren't as nice. There are some who are so obsessed with the idea of being with Brendon, that they despise anyone who's close to him. Since the time Brendon announced we were together, they have tormented me on all social medias, saying that 'it's just a matter of time before Brendon leaves you'. I knew that there would be people who aren't as accepting, but some of their comments are just nasty.

It was the day of mine and Brendon's 2 year anniversary and like any proud wife, I decided to post a photo of us together on instagram. It was a photo we took together just after we got married and one that had never been publicly shared before. In fact, it was my favourite photo of us. So, I posted it with the caption "2 years down, forever to go. Eternally grateful for you my love". 

Brendon and I had gone out for a romantic dinner at our favourite Italian restaurant. He excused himself to go to the restroom, so I took that as an opportunity to check my instagram. Comments and likes had been flooding in ever since I posted the photo, but I hadn't actually read any until now. People like Patrick Stump, Pete Wentz and Hayley Williams had commented their congratulations. Pages like altpress and Kerrang had reposted it too. But, there were way more comments from fans, the majority of them were so sweet and I replied to as many as possible. But, there were some absolutely vile ones. Immediately, tears began to fill my eyes and I put my phone down, not daring to scroll through the comments any more.

By the time Brendon got back, silent tears were rolling down my face and he rushed over, looking extremely concerned.

"Babe, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" He asked, sitting back down in his seat and brushing a tear off of my cheek.

"I can't cope with this anymore, why do some of your so called 'fans' hate me so much? No matter what I post or what I tweet, they comment the most vile things. I don't get what I've done" I explain.

"Show me some of your comments babe" He instructs, picking up my phone and handing it to me.

I scroll through the anniversary post and find the group of comments I was talking about, then show them to Brendon. His eyes mist over in anger and he angrily hands the phone back to me, while pulling his own phone out.

"What are you doing?" I ask, worried because he rarely gets this angry.

"I'm posting my own instagram photo, check your phone" He says, angrily typing before slamming his own phone down on the table.

I see he's tagged me in a post, so I click on it and it's another photo from our wedding that hasn't been shown. The caption reads "This woman, Y/N means the absolute world to me. She is the love of my life and I care about her as much as I care about you all. That is why I am sat here, in a state of anger because a small selection of my so called 'fans' think it's okay to comment the most awful things on her photos. Say what you want about me, but when you bring my family into it, that's when it crosses the line. If you're going to say those things, you're no fan of mine. To all of those who are wonderful, Y/N and I appreciate you very much. B x"

"Brendon, thank you so much. I love you more than anything" I say, looking him right in the eyes. He asks for the bill and we leave the restaurant and head home. When we get back, I take him by the hand and lead him to the sofa.

"You have no idea what that caption meant to me Brendon, honestly" I say, snuggling up to him and resting my head on his shoulder. He places a kiss on my head and strokes the top of my arm.

"Don't mention it, we've been together long enough for fans to know you mean so much to me and that comments like that are completely out of order. If I see it, I won't hesitate to block them" He places his hand under my chin and turns my head, so that he can kiss me on the lips. 

We spend the rest of the evening snuggled on the sofa. It wasn't quite the anniversary I had planned but as long as I'm with him, nothing else matters.