Ex-Girlfriend (Fluff)

*This is set around the time of the Don't Threaten Me video*

Y/N POV:

Brendon and I haven't spoken to each other for the past couple of days. I found out that his ex-girlfriend was featuring in Panic!'s newest music video. So, as you can imagine, I wasn't exactly thrilled. Brendon assured me that he had no involvement in her recruitment but also said that he couldn't just fire her now. He said it'd been difficult to find a dancer and actress who could work on the set filming date.

"Babe, are you speaking to me yet?" Brendon asks, his voice laced with annoyance. I glance at him and then glance away. I hate fighting, but I need him to see why I might have a problem with this.

"What does this video involve?" I ask, turning round slightly to face him.

"I have to dance with her, flirt a little bit and then she has to lead me into the bedroom. I can't say anymore, it'll ruin the surprise, but the rest doesn't involve her, I promise" He explains, reaching for my hand but I move it away.

"And you really can't see why I'm so upset about it?" I ask, crossing my arms across my chest.

"It's called acting Y/N, you know I have no feelings for her, don't you?" He asks, looking into my eyes, searching for the answer. I sit there and don't reply.

"Great. Well, I have to go, I have a video to film" He says, getting up, grabbing his bag and storming out the house. 

I pick up a pillow and scream into it. Why am I so stupid? What if I've pushed him away fro me and into her arms. Searching through my emails, I find one he sent ages ago that gave details about the filming location. I take note of it, grab my bag and head out of the house. I set up my Sat Nav in my car and start heading towards the set. 

When I get there, there's people bustling around, setting up cameras. I look around but can't see Brendon. But, in the far side of the room I see Zack so I head over.

"Y/N, I didn't know you were coming" He says with a surprised tone of voice.

"I wasn't going to, but Brendon and I have been arguing, so I couldn't just leave it. Is.. is she here?" I ask.

"Yeah, Brendon told me about that. Yes, she's with him now doing a rehearsal take. But, trust me Y/N, he loves you. You should have seen the look on his face when we read out her name. This argument is killing him just as much as it's killing you" Zack says, placing a hand gently on my shoulder. 

He shows me to a seat and I sit there, scrolling through my phone, waiting for the actual filming to start. Eventually, the rehearsal is over and everyone takes their positions. That's when I spot Brendon with her, laughing and joking around. He places an arm around her and I notice the look of warmth on his face. I straighten up in my chair and can't help but feel overwhelmed with jealousy.

The filming begins and they begin flirting, it looks so real. Too real. Zack keeps glancing over at me but I don't dare to look back, through fear of crying. It's not the fact that it's another woman, it's the fact that it's someone he dated for a few years.

Brendon makes eye contact with me, but only for a few seconds before diverting his gaze. Tears well up in my eyes and it takes all my strength to stop myself from crying. Did he lie when he said he had no feelings for him?

"Okay, take a break!" The director announces and I take that as my cue to leave to get some air.

I leave the studio and lean against the wall, taking deep breaths. It hurts so much to see him that close to someone he used to be involved with, even if it is just for a video.

"Hey, what are you doing out here?" Brendon asks, leaning against the wall next to me. 

"Just needed some air, it's hot in there" I lie, not daring to make eye contact with him. But, he moves to stand in front of me and turns my face gently with my hand, so that I'm looking directly at him.

"Y/N, I've been with you long enough to know when you're lying. You're not still upset about her are you?" He asks, rolling his eyes slightly.

"How can I not be upset? You said you had no feelings but before the cameras were even rolling you had your arms around her. It looked so genuine, you even look like a couple. Then, I had to watch you dance and flirt. Yes, I know that's past of the video but it hurts when it's someone you have a history with" I say, my voice cracking slightly.

"Okay, I understand, I really do. If it was your ex with his hands all over you, I'd be upset and raging with jealousy too. But I mean it when I say that I love you. While I don't hate her, I have no feelings for her, but it's just better to be civil. You're the one I want to be with, not her" He says, the annoyance melting from his face, it's replaced with warmth and affection.

"I'm sorry I got so mad, I just love you so much and can't bear to lose you" I say, moving towards him and wrapping my arms around him. His hands make their way round me and he rubs my back gently, making me feel safe and warm. He pulls us apart, cupping my face in his hands and pressing his lips against mine.

"Oh" A voice says, interrupting us. It's her.

"Oh sorry, I'll be back in in a minute" Brendon says, pressing his lips against me once more.

"I guess there's no chance for us anymore then" She says, sounding genuinely disappointed

"There hasn't been a chance since we broke up. Let's go and get this video over with, so I can be with Y/N" He says, squeezing my hand, obviously saying it to make it jealous. It works, because she storms off ahead of us.

"I love you" I say.

"I love you too"