Carnival (Fluff)

Y/N POV:

I chuck yet another top onto the pile of 'no' clothes. When Brendon invited me along to the carnival with him, I never realised how difficult it would be to pick an outfit. The truth is, I want something that will get him to notice me. We've been best friends for ages, I've stuck by him through all of Panic!'s fame but I feel like he's never properly noticed me. I have feelings for him and it's killing me that he doesn't seem to like me back.

After a few more 'no' tops, I find the perfect one. It's slightly low cut but not too much. I pair it with black skinny jeans and my trusty pair of converse. For makeup, I keep it fairly simple but enough to cover the spots that are slowly making their way to the surface (ugh!). I tie my hair up into a high pony, not wanting it to keep blowing in my face later on.

Brendon and I normally do cute things like this. To the outside world, we must look like a couple and his fans have even asked him if we are, but he always brushes the question off with a laugh. I know he doesn't mean to be cruel, but it absolutely breaks my heart. 

I make my way to the carnival, after receiving a text from Brendon telling me to meet him by the fun house. I stand there and curse myself for not wearing a jacket, as it's absolutely freezing. I wrap my arms around myself in a desperate bid to keep warm and silently pray that Brendon doesn't keep me waiting too long.

"Hey, sorry I'm late, you haven't been here too long have you?" Brendon says, running over to me after nearly 15 minutes of waiting.

"No, i've just got here" I lie, how can he not see that I'm almost blue?? We walk around the carnival and of course, a few fans squeal as they spot him and ask him for photos. I just stand there, holding their bags and coats, which they don't want in the photo. They're nice enough, but it is annoying that we get stopped every 2 seconds.

"I've never been to this carnival before, have you?" Brendon asks, buying us both a stick of cotton candy. 

"Yeah, my Mom used to take me every year when I was kid. It used to seem so big back then, but now it feels tiny" I say, munching on my cotton candy.

We stroll around some more, going on a few of the rides and having a go at the game stands, I manage to win a massive Nemo toy. Halfway through the night, I find myself getting bored. It's so hard being with someone who I have major feelings for and them not knowing.

"Brendon, I think I might go, I'm just not really feeling it. I'm really sorry" I explain, giving him a hug. As I pull away, he takes hold of my hand.

"Please, don't go. What's wrong? I know you, so I know that you love carnivals" He says, looking at me with a mock-stern look on his face.

"Promise me that if I tell you, you won't run away screaming?" I laugh, but on the inside I'm freaking out.

"I promise, you can tell me anything, you know that" He replies and the look on his face melts my heart.

"I like you Brendon. You're my best friend but I think I like you more than that. I get you don't like me like that, as you keep laughing whenever a fan mentions the possibility that we might be a couple. So doing things like this is getting even more difficult" I look away, not wanting to see his reaction.

"Y/N, I laugh it off because I don't want to say how I actually feel. I like you too and not just as my best friend. I suppose it's something that just kind of happens. You mean the world to me" He takes my hand and I smile up at him.

"Do you have any idea how long I've waited to hear you say that?" I ask and he nods, before leaning towards me and ever so softly placing his lips on mine. Sparks fly through my body and I smile against his lips.

We walk around for a little bit longer and he finally notices how cold I am, so he gives me his jacket. It smells so strongly of him and it just makes my heart so happy. We hold hands as we walk and I notice a few fans snapping a few 'discreet' photos of us, that will no doubt be all over Twitter and Instagram later.

After the carnival, Brendon drives me home and walks me right up to my door. 

"I had a good time tonight eventually, it was good to get it off my chest" I say, giving him a warm hug.

"Me too, are you busy tomorrow? Maybe we could go out for dinner?" He suggests.

"I'd love that" I reply and he plants another kiss on my lips, before telling me that he'll text me. I shout goodnight to him as he gets into his car and I watch him drive off. From the minute I step into my house to the minute I get into the bed, I have a smile on my face. But, it seems too good to be true.