It Wasn't Supposed To Happen Part 1 (Imagine)

Credit to @coming-up-cherries

Brendon's POV:

Geography. Everyone's favourite subject, not. It's so hard because I have a good rapport with all my students but it's hard to get them hyped about erosion and different climates. There's one student in particular that just will not try, not even a little bit. I can't force someone to like a subject but it's a bad reflection on me. She constantly gets really low grades, which brings my own average down. I'm already being watched closely by the Principal, because I'm a newly qualified teacher.

"Hey Y/N, can I speak to you quickly?" I ask, as the rest of the class pack up their things and make their way out of the classroom.

She just shrugs her shoulders, in her usual laidback way.

"I'm concerned about your grades. I get that geography isn't your favourite, but I am going to need you to at least try to pretend you want to be in my class, okay? I'm gonna offer you tutoring sessions during a lunchtime of your choice for a few weeks, okay?" I say.

"I think I'd rather just drop the class" She mutters, staring at the ground.

"Tell you what. Give me a month, if you still absolutely hate the subject after a month, we'll discuss you dropping it, okay? But you have to put in 100%, how does that sound?" I offer, holding out my hand to her.

"Fine, how about Thursday lunchtimes? I have a study period after lunch so it wouldn't matter if we ran over" She says, shaking my hand and I smile at her, determined to make this work.

*Thursday Lunchtime*

I'm interrupted from my marking by a knock at the door. I look up to see Y/N through the window, smiling sheepishly at me. I gesture for her to come in while I quickly pack my things away, to clear some space for us to walk.

"Hey there, you okay?" I ask and she drops her bag down, taking a seat on the other side of my desk.

"I'm okay" She almost whispers. I'm determined to bring her out of her shell a little bit.

I lay out a few different worksheets and offer to let her choose what we work on. I want her to actually benefit from these study sessions.

Y/N POV:

I didn't want to come to the session, I really didn't. Geography is one of those subjects that I just don't care about. But, the fact that Mr Urie cares so much is just so heartwarming that I felt bad for even considering ditching it. I'm trying to ignore the fact that he's also the most attractive teacher in the school. Almost every girl I know has a massive crush on him and would die to be in my position.

"Can we go over the different climates?" I ask, pointing at the respective worksheet and he nods, flashing me a smile.

We work steadily through the sheet and I find myself suddenly becoming more clear on the topic. I'd never given it a chance before, dismissing it as completely dull. But, parts of it aren't actually that bad.

"That's time I'm afraid. I'll walk with you to your study period, I need to use the copier in that room anyway" He says and we both get up out of our chairs. He opens the door for me and I smile in thanks.

As we walk down the corridor, we talk about the most random things but I'm surprised with how comfortable I feel around him. Just as we round the corner to the classroom, his hand brushes against mine. I feel my face blush bright red and I quickly look to the ground, praying to God he hasn't noticed. I mutter a thankyou and quickly speedwalk into the classroom. I turn around just enough to see a smirk on his face, was it an accident?

Ooooh the suspense