You Have Got To Be Kidding Me Part 4 (Fluff)

I am LOVING this series, there'll be more parts x

Y/N POV:

I stare at disbelief at the text. Brendon and I had been so careful, hadn't we? As far as I was aware, we'd always locked the doors and closed the blinds. Sure, we weren't exactly quiet but there was never many people around.

All the way home my heart beats insanely fast and I think of all the ways someone could have found out. All of my interactions with Brendon in class have been above board, absolutely nothing we've said in front of others could have raised suspicion, or could it? Suddenly, I'm doubting everything and for the whole night, I get no sleep at all. I replay everything that's happened since I've started college.

As I stumble into class just as the bell rings, my friend flashes me a worried look.

"You okay? You look like you haven't slept" She says, eyeing me as I take a massive gulp of my extra strong coffee.

"That's because I haven't" I reply, taking all my books out, half asleep.

"Why? What was bothering you?" This is why I love her, she's known me for so long that she can just tell straight away.

"Oh nothing major, my mind just wouldn't shut up" I lie, not wanting to spill the means on my sexual encounters with our teacher.

As he walks into class I take a deep breath, he looks extra attractive today. I try to keep my face neutral, paranoid that the person who sent the text is watching my every move.

I zone out for the whole of the class, not even his appearance can bring me out of my zombie-like state. I do notice my friend flashing me worried glances but I don't bother to look at her, I don't want to give the person that sent that text any ammunition.

When the bell goes, signalling the end of class, I quickly gather up my things and make for the door.

"Y/N" I hear Brendon's voice call out, but I don't look back at him, I carry on walking as fast as I can. I find the most secluded part of the library and put my headphones in, turning my music up to as loud as I can stand. For the next hour or so, I busy myself with rewriting my notes, not wanting to fall behind in class, I just can't afford to. 

At the start of lunch, I head back to Brendon's class, realising that he needs to know about the text too. Just as I'm about to head in, I hear him talking to someone.

"And if I don't bump up your grade?" I hear him ask. Immediately, my heart begins to thump.

"Then, the whole college will find out about what you really like doing after class" I hear a voice bite back. My whole body goes cold as I realise who it is, Sadie. She just so happens to be the daughter of the head of college. 

"I can take another look at your paper, maybe I did miss a few marks here and there" Brendon says, his voice a lot quieter than before.

"That's what I thought. But just so you know, you've definitely picked the wrong student, Y/N is nothing" She cackles and I hear her footsteps heading for the door. I quickly slip behind a nearby locker and pray that she heads the other way. Luckily she does. I wait a few seconds before quickly slipping into Brendon's classroom, locking the door behind me. 

"Hey" I say, my voice soft. He looks up and flashes me a weak smile, he looks clearly stressed.

"I'm guessing you heard that" He says, gesturing towards the door.

"Some of it, how does she know?" I ask, not fully wanting to know the answer.

"We weren't as careful as we thought. She has photos, Y/N, proof of us being together. If this gets out, we're both ruined" He buries his head in his hands and I walk over to him and prise them away.

"I'll leave the college. I can easily transfer to another one, my grades are fairly decent. That way, you won't have to worry" I say, my mind desperately trying to come up with solutions.

"You think I want you to leave? This is all my fault, I should have never continued what we started in the bar" He groans, his face paling.

"You regret this?" I take a step back, tears threatening to spill down my cheeks.

"No! Of course not! I really like you, but I don't want to be the reason your reputation is ruined. If we're going to do this, it has to be out of college hours. I need this job and I need you" He says, reaching his hand out to touch me, before thinking better of it and retracting it. I fight every urge to rush towards him and kiss him, but I do not want Sadie to get snap-happy again. 

"Okay, so let's meet out of college. What about where we first met? It's not exactly the most popular bar for students, so we should be safe. I don't want this to be over just because of Sadie" I say, smiling at him hopefully.

"Me neither, okay. We'll meet at the bar, but not tonight. Can you get me a stapler from my cupboard please?" He asks and I stand there, confused. Why is he randomly changing the subject? He points at the cupboard and I head towards it, searching for a stapler. I hear the cupboard door shut behind me and a body presses itself up against me.

"I couldn't do this in the actual classroom" He says, cupping my face and kissing me passionately. 

"Mr Urie? Are you in here?" A voice asks. Sadie's voice.