Ditched (Fluff)

This was based on something on I read about once, but I've changed it up slightly.

Y/N POV:

"Hey, table for one?" The waitress says as I walk through the door to the restaurant.

"Table for two actually, please" I smile back. She looks behind me, almost as if she expects someone to magically appear.

"They're on their way" I explain, before realising I don't actually owe her an explanation. She leads me to a table on the other side of the restaurant and hands me a menu. I look at my phone to see if he's messaged me, nothing. To be fair to him, his drive is slightly longer than mine and there was a lot of traffic about. 

"Would you like to order a drink while you wait?" The same waitress asks, flashing me a wide smile. 

"I think I'll have a Coke please" I say, passing her a small smile. I read through the last bunch of texts we exchanged. He messaged me at 6:15pm saying he was just leaving. I glance at the time, 7:00pm. The traffic must be exceptionally bad.

More time passes and he doesn't arrive. I keep trying to kid myself with excuses but even I stop believing them. He's obviously not coming and just didn't have the courage to tell me. 

"I'm sorry Miss, but we're getting busier, so if you're not going to order then I'm going to have to ask you to leave" She says, trying to act sympathetic but I can see the smirk that's starting to creep on her face. She's obviously loving the fact that I've been ditched.

"Sorry I'm late" A voice says, sliding into the seat opposite me. A man, one I've never seen before, is sat across from me, smiling at me.

"Oh, let me just grab you a menu" The waitress says, looking almost as surprised as me.

"I'm Brendon. I couldn't help but overhear, I'm sorry" He says, his eyes glinting.

"That's okay, I've been stood up. I was just about to leave actually, but thank you" I say, starting to gather up my things.

"Hey, No! Stay for a while, surely you want some food?" He asks, his smile giving me butterflies. He really is quite attractive.

"I am pretty hungry" I say, putting my bag back down to glance over the menu.

"Who is the jerk then?" He asks after we've placed our order.

"Some guy I met a few weeks ago. We've been talking loads ever since and he told me he wanted to meet me properly. Last thing I heard from him, he was leaving his house. Guess I was stupid" I say, a wave of sadness suddenly hitting me. 

"He doesn't deserve you, I know that doesn't make it any easier. But in the long run, he's obviously not someone you really need in your life" Brendon says, taking a sip of his drink. He's right, as much as it hurts, he's obviously not worth it.

"Anyway, enough about my tragic life. Tell me about yourself" I say, leaning forward in interest.

"Well, I'm a musician. Hey, don't roll your eyes! I'm in a band, it's called Panic! At The Disco. I've been doing that since I was about 17" He explains and my eyes widen in recognition. How the fuck did I not notice him at first.

"Omg! You're Brendon Urie! Shit, I'm so sorry. I actually do listen to you guys, I was so caught up in my own mess that I didn't recognise you. Holy shit" I squeal, realising I must look like a really annoying fan girl.

"Bet you regret rolling your eyes now" He laughs. We talk a bit more about the most random things and I surprise myself with how comfortable I feel around him. I find myself telling him things I've barely told anyone before. 

"You feeling any better?" Brendon asks and at first, I'm confused. But then I remember, I was supposed to be having a date with someone else.

"Yeah I am, thank you so much. I suppose I'd better go home now" I say.

"I'd love to see you again, only if that's okay with you" He says, suddenly looking extremely sheepish. He avoids eye contact and he plays with his hands nervously.

"I would love to see you again" I reply, leaning towards him and giving him a gentle kiss on the cheek. He lifts his head, that amazing smile of his settling on his face. I can't help but look into his eyes. How did I end up on a "date" with someone better looking than my actual date?

"You should probably go or I'll try to kiss you properly" He says as I pull him into a tight hug.

"What's the problem with that?" I ask, pulling away and smirking at him. He takes the hint. He cups my face with his hands and places his plump lips on mine. The kiss is soft but it's enough to make butterflies appear in my stomach. As we break off the kiss, we both realise that we are stood in the middle of a restaurant full of people. Some people are giving us weird looks, so we take that as our cue to make a hasty exit.

"Thank you for rescuing me" I say as I make my way over to my car.

"No need to thank me, anytime" He says.

'Wait! I need your number" I call to him as he starts to walk away. He jogs over and puts his number into my phone.

"You better text me" He winks. I watch him walk away and don't get into my car until he's out of sight.

What

Just 

Happened.

I know that was super rushed and stuff but oh well, it's a new chapter at least.