Death Of A Bachelor (Fluff)

Continuing the mini series with Death Of A Bachelor! In this imagine, Brendon isn't famous.

Y/N POV:

Me and my friend smile as we enter the bar. It's one we've never been to before, but have had really good things about it so decided to check it out. It's almost a 1950's style and as you enter, you're greeted with gentle piano music in the background, it's really beautiful. The reason we came tonight is because it's a live music night and we both LOVE live music.

As we got there quite early, there's plenty of tables to choose from so we sit down at one fairly near the stage. The best bit about the live music nights is that they bring in waiters, so you can enjoy the music without having to keep getting up to go to the bar. So, a waiter comes over and we both order a cocktail we've never heard of and it arrives in the most extravagant glass I've ever seen. As I sip, I close my eyes in pleasure at the fruity taste with just a hint of alcohol (I'm going to get very drunk tonight).

As it gets towards 10pm, more and more people arrive and soon the bar is alive with chattering and laughing, it's such a nice atmosphere. Our conversation is interrupted by the host walking onto the stage and as she speaks into the microphone, her voice fills the bar. 

"Hello and thank you so much for coming, you're in for a real treat tonight. We have 6 great performers for you tonight, each performing three songs of their own choice. First up is Brendon Urie!" She exclaims, gesturing for him to come on stage and the bar fills with applause. I'm taken aback when I look at him, he has got to the be the most attractive man I've ever laid eyes on. His hair is dark brown and is styled in a perfect quiff, his smile is infectious but his suit is the best part. It's the sparkliest gold suit I've ever seen in my life but it fits him perfectly, he looks amazing.

He begins singing a Frank Sinatra song and his voice is like liquid gold, he is one of the best singers I've ever heard. He moves around the stage, fully engulfed in the music and he sings effortlessly, flashing smiles to members of the audience that he makes eye contact with. His next song is a Billy Joel song and he manages to get the whole bar singing and clapping along. During the song, he makes eye contact with me and flashes me a wink. I smiled back and carried on singing along, not thinking much of it. He finishes with a Beatles song and it's the best thing I've ever heard, I almost don't want to listen to the other 5 people, I could happily listen to him all night. Sadly, it comes to an end and he laps up the applause, beaming at the audience and he downs a glass of whiskey, before leaving the stage. 

"He was incredible, wasn't he?" My friend says to me, as she takes a sip of her THIRD cocktail.

"He was, he really was" I say, almost in a daze. I don't know what's come over me, but he's made me almost speechless.

We watch the other performers who are incredibly talented, but they're not a patch on Brendon. I can't help but think about him for the rest of the evening, he really is the most beautiful man I've ever seen. I go to take a sip of my drink but there's none left.

"I'm just going to grab another drink, do you want one?" I ask my very drunk friend.

"They have waiters you know, you don't have to go to the bar but I'll have another cocktail please" She slurs. 

"I know but I want to stretch my legs" I explain and head off to the bar. It's not as crowded, as people are taking advantage of the waiter service. 

"Hey, I wondered if you'd be seeing you again" A voice says and I turn and my mouth literally drops open. It's him. It's Brendon and he's even more beautiful up close. He flashes that gorgeous smile at me and I can feel myself blushing, thank God for makeup!

"Oh hey, you were really amazing by the way, so so talented" I manage to say, proud of myself for not stuttering or mumbling my words.

"Why thank you. Here, let me pay for your drinks. I take it these aren't both for you?" He smiles, chuckling to himself.

"Thank you so much! No, I'm here with my friend but she's very drunk and is chatting up guys as we speak, so I decided to take a breather" I explain, taking a sip of my cocktail as we move to a quieter table at the back. Y/F/N won't notice for ages that I've gone.

"Chatting up guys not your thing then?" He smiles again and I feel butterflies in my stomach.

"It's not my style really" I respond, desperately hoping that I'm coming across as cool and collected.

"Oh, I see. Well I hope you won't find it creepy when I say this, you are the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, really. I realise I haven't even asked your name" He says and I'm honestly stunned.

"It's Y/N and of course it's not creepy, thank you so much. You're a very good looking man yourself" I say, staring into his gorgeous eyes.

"Well Y/N, I'd love to see you again, if you're up for it?" He says, looking hopeful. 

"Of course, that sounds amazing" We chat for a little while longer, Y/F/N texts me to let me know she's gone off with a guy but she's completely safe. The people from the bar slowly make their way home but me and Brendon keep talking, content in each other's company. Eventually though, the manager announces that it's closing time and I check my phone, 1am. 

Brendon escorts me out and refuses to let me walk the few short blocks to my house alone. As we reach my house, we stand there and I suddenly realise how much I don't want him to go. But, I have his number and can almost guarantee that we'll be texting through the night too.

"I've really enjoyed tonight and can't wait to see you again soon" Brendon says, enveloping me in a tight hug. He pulls away and we make intense eye contact. Before I know it, his plump lips are on mine and it's the most perfect kiss ever, soft and gentle.

I pull away, as it's starting to get cold and smile shyly at him. I've only known him a few hours, but I really think I like him.

"Thank you for that, take care and see you soon" He says, kissing me on the cheek and walking away as I enter my house.