*REQUESTED* Just For Show? (Fluff)

Request: Maybe do one where Y/N and Brendon are both famous and their management both agree to make them date for publicity. It works but they also genuinely fall for each other.

Y/N POV:

"Wait, explain it again. I genuinely can't believe you're saying this" I say, raising my voice as I sit back in my chair. My manager cough nervously and then opens her mouth to speak.

"You're both well known singers, him slightly more so. We just think it'd be a good boost for you if you dated him, just for publicity. Maybe go out for dinner or attend one of his shows, make the public love you. You and Brendon can arrange the dates yourselves or we'll do it for you. It won't be for long, we'll just let it all tail off and people will soon forget" She says, she has a nervous expression on her face, obviously expecting me to fly off the handle.

"But I haven't even met him! Now you want me to go on dates with him? Do I have to kiss him for the cameras as well? This is all kinds of awkward and all kinds of wrong" I exclaim, getting out of my seat and pacing around the room.

"I know you must hate me, but think about it. His fans will see you and those who haven't heard your music, will give it a listen. This is going to be so good for you. Anyway, he's kind of on his way here now" She says, lowering her voice at the last bit. I stop in my tracks and slowly turn to face her, a neutral expression on my face.

"He's what?" I ask, my voice measured even though I feel anything but calm on the inside.

"Me and his manager arranged it. I didn't think you'd be so against it so we scheduled a meetup for today. He'll be here any minute" She says and as if right on cue, the phone rings.

"Great, this is just great" I say, slumping back down in the chair as she goes to open the door.

Brendon and his manager walk in, shaking hands with her as they do. Reluctantly I get up and greet them too, not quite a cold greeting but definitely not a warm one either.

"So, I must admit I haven't arranged something like this before. But, maybe we should leave Brendon and Y/N alone for a while, let them get to know eachother. Then me and you can talk logistics" Brendon's manager suggests. I plead with my eyes to my manager to not leave me alone but she ignores my signals and readily agrees.

They both leave the room and Brendon and I are left, sitting in stony silence.

"So, um, this is weird" He says, his voice slightly shaky. I'm suddenly filled with a wave of empathy, he must be as shocked by this as I am.

"Yeah, I couldn't believe it when my manager told me, surely everyone will know it's fake?" I say, coming out of my shell a little bit. If this is going to work, I'm going to have to be less awkward.

"I know! I couldn't even respond at first. But then I thought, there's worse people to be fake dating, right?" He says, his voice sounding less glum. Is he flirting with me??

"Oh I can definitely think of worse people. So, how should we do this? Maybe go somewhere fairly innocent to see if we're 'spotted'?" I suggest, he considers it for a while.

"Yeah, maybe go to the mall? That way there's bound to be some fans around who'll want a photo, I know that sounds really egotistical of me. Then, we can build it up?" He replies and I nod. Suddenly, this isn't starting to feel like such a bad idea.

*A Week Later*

"Hey, where are you?" I ask as soon as Brendon answers the phone.

"Just pulling up now, what store are you outside?" He asks and I can hear him shut a car door.

"Hot Topic" I laugh. Well, we need fans to see us don't we??

"Good choice" I hear a voice say right next to me. I pull him in for a hug. God, he smells good.

"You walk quick" I say.

"Anything for a cute girl" He winks, taking hold of my hand. Weirdly, I don't feel the need to pull my hand away and run. It sort of feels right?

Our plan of meeting at the mall works. Over a dozen fans stop us for photos, all in disbelief that we're together. Those that don't know me ask for my instagram and twitter username, vowing to give my music a listen.

After a couple of hours, I receive a text from my manager telling me that there are already news items, reporting that we're a couple. I show the text to Brendon and he responds with a beaming smile.

We find a small restaurant for dinner and hours pass by without us realising. We don't run out of conversation, I find him genuinely interesting to listen to. When he talks about his music, his whole face lights up and it makes me feel all warm inside. When I talk, his eyes are fixed on me, as if he finds me the most interesting thing.

*A Month Later*

"All TMZ are talking about is you and Brendon" Y/F/N says, scrolling through her phone.

"I try not to look to be honest, I don't want to keep looking at photos of me" I reply, taking her phone off her.

"How is it though? Is it weird?" She asks, turning round to face me.

"No, it really isn't" I say. A weird grin spreads across her face.

"OMG! You like him, don't you?" She says, giving me a gentle push.

"No! I mean, I don't know. Okay yes, yes I do. But it's stupid, he knows it's fake so I can't go crawling to him saying I'm actually falling for him" I say, covering my face with my hands and letting out an anguished cry.

"I bet he's thinking the same" She says and I lift my head up.

"Do you think?" I ask, feeling a little hopeful.

"Yeah, he genuinely looks happy in all the photos. None of it seems fake. When's your next date with him?" She asks and I glance at the time, nearly having a heart attack.

"In about 30 minutes!!!" I exclaim, jumping off the bed and running to the closet. I quickly pick out my trusty dress and throw it on. Luckily, I've already got makeup on so I quickly throw my hair up in a messy bun and run out of the house.

Luckily, we're only meeting a few blocks away so I get there with a few minutes to spare. I wait outside the restaurant, scrolling through my phone.

"Hey" He says, coming up behind me and scaring the shit out of me.

"Hey there, you scared me!" I say as he pulls me towards him. We lock eyes and ever so slowly, his face moves closer to mine until his lips are on mine. At first, the kiss is gentle but then it become more passionate, neither of us caring that we're in the middle of the street.

I'm the first to pull away, pointing out that we'll be late for our reservation. We walk into the restaurant and I can't help but feel flustered and shocked.

"So, about what just happened out there. I don't see these dates as 'fake' or as some publicity stunt anymore. I think you're one of the most amazing people I've ever met. You're so headstrong and I love being around you. I don't know how you feel, but for me, that kiss felt right" He explains, going all shy.

"Thank God. I was talking to my friend earlier and I pretty much said the same thing. I genuinely like you, at first I was scared and angry about the whole situation. But you quickly put me at ease and I found myself genuinely looking forward to our 'dates'" I reply and he takes hold of my hand across the table.

"The annoying thing is, we've proved our managers right" Brendon says and I laugh. We take a coupley picture together and send it it to our respective managers with the caption "You win. No more 'fake dates'"

"So we're like boyfriend and girlfriend now, for real?" He asks and I nod, leaning across the table to place a gentle kiss on his lips.

"I think I like publicity stunts now" I say, a wide smile settling on my face.