Fight (Imagine)

Y/N POV:

I've barely seen Brendon this past week, he's been so busy seeing his friends since he's been back from tour that he's barely made time for me. At first, I was okay with it because he saw me for a few days on tour, but now it's pissing me off. If I'm lucky, I might just catch him as I wake up before he goes out for the day. If I'm extra lucky, I might get a text from him during the day but only to tell me he'll be back late.

It's so hard to keep calm and pretend I'm cool with it, because he knows I'm a pretty laid back person. But, I feel so lonely as I moved away from all my friends and family to live with Brendon in LA. It's not that I regret it, but I can't just decide to pop out and see friends, I have to book flights and get time off work, which isn't easy. I've made friends with the wives of the Panic! members, but they have their own friends and we only really hang out during tour or special Panic! events.

I settled down to binge watch some Netflix, while I ate some reheated leftovers from the previous night for dinner. This had become my routine over the past week, spending the evening alone waiting for Brendon to come in, usually drunk. He'd texted earlier to let me know he was going to a bar with a couple of friends, which was key for 'I'll be back at 2am, drunk out of my mind'. There was no point trying to go to bed until he was home, as he usually made so much noise that it woke me up anyway.

After about 3 episodes, Brendon burst in through the door, giggling and staggering everywhere. He greeted the dogs and made a fuss of them, telling them how much he loved them. Nowadays, they got more attention than I did. I'm jealous of dogs, that's how bad the situation has got.

'Hey you' He slurs, making his way over to me, his breath reeking of bourbon.

'For the love of God, will you get in the shower. I'm going to bed, goodnight' I say, tears filling my eyes. I never expected this when I made the move from New Jersey to LA. When we were in a long distance relationship, he made every effort to talk to me in his spare time. Now, I'm lucky to get a look in. I get into bed and silently cry, wondering if this is ever going to get better. I just can't work out why he doesn't want to spend any time with me. I would have confronted him tonight, but there's no point if he's drunk.

Eventually, I manage to sleep and wake up to Penny Lane licking my face. I haul myself out of bed, leaving Brendon asleep. I make myself a cup of coffee and fix myself some breakfast, I wonder how long it'll be before Brendon is up and leaving me alone for the day again. An notification on my phone interrupts my thoughts, it's a time hop from 3 years ago. It was from mine and Brendon's first holiday together. We're sat, both holding cocktails and gazing at each other lovingly. I blink back tears, I miss those days so much. We were so in love and we only had eyes for each other. We were inseparable, even when we were so far apart.

Brendon eventually makes an appearance, just as I'm sobbing over the sink.

"What's wrong?" He asks, while making himself a coffee.

It takes every inch of strength to not fly off the handle at him.

"I'm tired Brendon, I feel so lonely. I've barely seen you since you've been off tour and I don't know if you've noticed how miserable I've been or not. I just want to spend time together as a couple, I miss you" I explain, wiping tears from my cheeks.

"God, why can't you just let me see my friends without nagging me? You saw me on tour, I texted you everyday. I live with you, I didn't see my friends for a couple of months so is it a crime that I want to spend time with them?" He says, raising his voice and slamming his mug onto the counter.

With that, I quickly rush to put my shoes on, throw a jacket on before picking up my car keys and walking out the door, slamming it behind me. I sit in the car and burst into loud, ugly tears. Where had it gone so wrong? I hadn't been nagging him, I'd only told him how I felt and he'd completely overreacted. I start the engine and put on After Laughter by Paramore. As I drive, I sing along at the top of my lungs, not even caring if other drivers think I'm crazy.

After about 2 hours, I head back to the house, taking a deep breath before heading inside. I walk into the living room and see Brendon sitting there, his eyes all red, it looks like he's been crying.

"Y/N thank God! I've been so worried about, I'm so so sorry. I was so horrible to you. All you did was tell me what was wrong and I completely lashed out at you. You were completely right, I have been a horrible boyfriend and it isn't fair. But, that's going to change, I promise. You're the most important thing in my life and the last thing I want to do is push you away. Please forgive me?" He says, taking your hands.

"Brendon, of course I forgive you. You're the most important thing in my life too, that's why it's made me so upset that I've barely seen you. You know I'll never stop you seeing your friends, but I don't want to lose out as well" I say, wrapping him up in my arms before kissing him hard.

That evening, we cuddled up on the sofa watching movies together and drinking wine. It was perfect and it genuinely felt like things were going to change for the better.