Pregnant (Fluff)

You were about 7 months pregnant with yours and Brendon's first child. Excited was an understatement. It was weird though, whenever you two had discussed having children, it wasn't something you desperately wanted, not like other married couples. However, you didn't consciously try not to have one, you just merely accepted it as a possibility. So, when those two lines appeared on the pregnancy test, you were both shocked and excited at the same time.

It turns out, Brendon had wanted a baby more than you thought. Even though he had talked about wanting a vasectomy every time he heard a kid cry on a plane, he was desperate to welcome your child into the world. 

Pregnancy had been hard, especially the first trimester. You had really bad morning sickness, which left you unable to work for a while. It was horrible, you knew you had to eat for yours and the baby's sake, but it was almost impossible to keep anything down. Luckily, as you reached your second trimester, the nausea subsided and you just had to deal with growing bigger. At first, you felt horrible, as none of your clothes fit and you had to settle for maternity clothing. You struggled to find clothes you felt somewhat comfortable in, until some friends recommended some brands and you finally felt happy with being seen in public. 

Now, you were massive and it was hard to believe you had two months still to go. But, Brendon had been an absolute Godsend. He helped you put on your shoes, because your big stomach prevented you from bending down too much. In general, he helped you as everything was now more of an effort, what with the tiny human inside you.

Every time he went out with friends, he would come back with something new for the baby. He loved picking out little onesies and he absolutely adored buying little shoes. You two had chosen not to find out the gender, as you wanted to leave it as a surprise and it made shopping much more interesting. Brendon was convinced it was a girl, so he would keep pointing out cute flowery dresses. Whereas, you felt you were having a boy so would steer him towards the boys clothes. At the end of the day, you really didn't mind what you were having, as long as it was healthy. 

One evening you got home from a long day of shopping with a friend. You'd probably overdone it a bit too much, only sitting down quickly for a smoothie. Other than that, you'd been on your feet all day and your whole body ached. When you got home, Brendon was playing Fortnite while sat on the sofa. 

'Hey baby, you okay?' He asked, glancing at you briefly, much too focused on his game.

'I'm exhausted, I think I overdid it today' You say, rubbing your stomach before plopping heavily onto the sofa.

With those words, Brendon turns the game off and looks at you, concerned. Throughout your pregnancy, Brendon has been on high alert so things like this gets him really worried. He's always telling you to take it easy and he gets slightly annoyed when you don't rest enough.

'Baby, you really need to be taking it easy, it's not good for you or the baby to be running around all day' He says, placing a hand on your stomach and smiling as he feels the baby kicking.

'I know, I know. It's just, when the baby is born, I won't see as much as my friends so I'm trying to fit it in now. But, you're right, I need to take it easy. Next time, I'll get them to come round here and just chill out. But, please don't worry too much. Hey, fancy giving me a massage?' You ask, winking at him.

You move so you're sat between his legs and begins massaging your shoulders. You close your eyes with pleasure, he is so good at massaging. He kneads your back gently and you feel all the tension just disappear. 

After about 15 minutes of massaging, he moves back next to you and places both his hands on your stomach.

"Hey there little one, make sure you give Mommy a big kick if she overdoes it again' He says, resulting in you giving him a playful punch on the arm. He pulls you into his arms and gives you a gentle kiss on your lips.

"I love you, Y/N. I love you so much' He says, playing with your hair as you drift off to sleep.