Here, Take This (Fluff)

Y/N POV:

Brendon and I have been dating for a couple of years. As he's a year older than me, he's already finished with all of his school days. I have one more torturous year ahead of me. Normally, I don't dread going to school but just knowing that he's not going to be around is making me super anxious. Sure, I have friends but Brendon knows so much about me and he always looks out for me. He can tell what I'm feeling when others can't, I'm really going to miss that.

"There! Finally done all my reading" I say, slamming the book shut triumphantly. After being given a mammoth reading list, I thought there was no way in hell that I'd ever get it done.

"Well done babe, I knew you'd do it" Brendon says, coming over to give me a kiss on the cheek. He knows that I struggle with my concentration, so he knows how big of a deal this is for me.

I've come over to Brendon's house so I can spend my last day of freedom with him. We'll probably be seeing less of each other, because I'm going to be snowed under with work and I'm desperate to pass, there is no way I'm repeating a year.

"How are you feeling about tomorrow?" Brendon asks, patting the spot next to him on the bed. I go over and lay down, resting my head on his chest.

"Really nervous. It's going to be weird without you there, what happens if I start crying or have a panic attack?" I ask, feeling my heart start to beat quicker. I try to focus on my breathing, really not wanting to get too anxious right now.

"Well, you can call or text me. Hell, I'm not going to be doing anything. I will keep my phone next to me at all times. Why don't you try talking to one of your friends about this kind of stuff?" He suggests and I instantly recoil.

"I can't, not yet. I want to, I really do but I'm not ready to share that part of me right now" I reply. snuggling up to him even more. He starts to play with my hair and I close my eyes, instantly feeling soothed.

"I understand. Well, you'll have me until you're ready and after, of course. I'm not going anywhere" He whispers, leaning to kiss the top of my head. 

I take my phone out of my pocket and let out a groan when I see the time. I should have been back home ages ago.

"I need to go" I say, getting up off the bed and packing my books away into my bag. I try to fight back the tears that have sprung to my eyes. Brendon comes over to me and pulls me close. I breathe in his heavenly scent, not wanting to let him go.

"You can do this" He says, leaning down and pressing his lips against mine. I kiss him back eagerly and he smirks, breaking the kiss off, causing me to pout.

He walks me to the door and I turn around for one more hug. I flash him a small smile as I head down his driveway. When I get home, I immediately get ready for bed, praying that I get enough sleep.

*The Next Morning*

"Brendon, I can't do this. I'm gonna skip today, there's always tomorrow" I say as soon as he picks up the phone.

"Nice try. You can do this, Y/N. The buildup is always the scariest part. I will be on the other end of the phone, like I promised" He says, it's obvious that my phone call has woken him up.

"I really can't" I reply, my voice shaky.

"5 minutes" He says and ends the call. I stare at the phone in confusion and anger. How can he just hang up on me like that? I sit on the edge of my bed and don't bother to stop the tears. I'm only interrupted by a knock at my bedroom door.

"Yeah?" I ask, still sobbing gently. Brendon pokes his head round the door and his face instantly drops when he sees me crying. He rushes over, sitting next to me and putting an arm around me. He plays with my hair as I carry on crying.

"Shhh, it's okay. You're gonna be okay. I have something for you" He says. I pull away and wipe the tears that are still rolling down my cheeks. 

"You do?" I ask, noticing that my crying is easing off slightly. He pulls off his jumper and hands it to me.

"I sprayed it with some extra cologne. You can wear it today and every other day if you want. It'll be like I'm there with you, okay? It's gonna be hard babe, but you're strong, okay? I'm not letting my phone leave my side, I promise" He says, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear. I take the jumper off him and immediately put it on, inhaling his scent.

"I love you, Brendon Urie" I say, for the first time ever. He looks slightly taken aback by words at first but his face soon melts into a smile.

"I love you too, Y/N. Now go, or you'll be late" He replies, slightly ruining the moment but I forgive him.

Okay, this one wasn't as hard to write as I thought. I don't think I'll take an official break but my updates might not be as often, who knows? I don't even know myself x