Long Way Home

Prologue

Ever since we can remember, me and my sisters have been best friends. No one took care of us better than each other.

In our school, we were made fun of. I mean, why not? To every adult we'd met, we were perfect angels. What with our perfect grades, our strong bond, and our looks.

I'm not saying we were the most beautiful creatures to exist in our school, especially since we lived in California, but we weren't disgusting, either.

There are four of us. The oldest is Tierney, who's 18. Like the rest of us, her hair is dark and curly. She's probably one of the best artists I've met, and she's even got the personality to match. You know what I mean, she's very quiet, she notices stuff others wouldn't, and she's able to see the beauty in the smallest of things.

Next is my twin sister, Aspen, and me, Summer. We're both 16, although she's a couple of minutes older than me. We definitely have the twin connection going on. Together we love music and reading, and we have very similar girly yet tomboyish styles. But we are different people very slightly.... Aspen is also very popular on YouTube, she's an amazing singer, and she enjoys photography, while I love to play the guitar, piano, flute, and drums, and I love to sing as well.

Last is Ava Rose, who's 15. Yes, she's not as old as the rest of us, but she also happened to skip a grade when she was younger, so she shares a grade with me.

Ava also loves sports, especially volleyball, and she has a huge soft spot for animals.

We'd grown up together, finding ourselves and such, in California. We were good girls, our parents love us, we lived the perfect life in Los Angeles.

Then came the day.

Our parents were situated in the living room, the TV off. They called us down to speak with them. This is when they told us we were moving to Australia for their jobs.

All of us froze in our spots.

We'd always lived here, we knew half the city like the back of our hands, we had a few friends, and great school.

Basically, we loved it here.

And we definitely weren't prepared to pack up and leave.

But as it turned out, that was exactly what we were doing.

And as it turned out, we had no idea how much our lives would change in the course of a few months.

We didn't expect to meet anyone exceptional, or special. We didn't expect to fall in love. Honestly, we didn't even expect to live here past our graduation, as we all wanted to move straight back to California.

But, what's the fun in expecting everything to come to you?

So we begin, with the story of what we soon would learn to be the real beginning of the rest of our lives.

Oh, and one more thing. Those good girls we'd always been, that I'd been talking about? Yeah, say goodbye to them.

One mistake can change everything..