Chapter Eighteen

Summer

"Come on." Michael tugs on my wrist, trying to get me into my sister's room.

"I don't want to." I complain, pulling back. It's no use, he's so much stronger than me.

"Just once? For me?" He gives me the Mikey-puppy eyes, and I know I can't resist.

"Fine." I sigh, closing my eyes for a second. I open them again and reluctantly follow him inside.

Everyone else is there, talking, laughing, and yelling, until I enter.

Complete silence is heard as they stare at me wide-eyed.

"Guys, what's....... wrong." Aspen gets the answer to her own question as she turns around and spots me. She narrows her eyes, but doesn't utter a word. I sit down on her bed and avoid any eye contact.

She makes sure the camera is in place, before whipping out her phone and giving opening introductions.

----------------------------

"I can't believe what she said about me to the whole internet." I shake my head. Connor speaks reassuring words, but they don't help very much.

My best friend and I each hang up, and I fall back on my bed.

I have no idea what to do with all of this free time.... and I don't have any friends... except the boys. But they are always here.

I gaze at the kitten curled up by my foot and remember something.

It's worth a shot, I guess.

I dial the number from a scrap of paper.

"Hello?"

"Is this Ariana?" I ask.

"Yes. Who is this?"

"I'm Summer, my friend and I bought a kitten from you about a week ago?"

"Ohhh! Hi!"

"Hi..."

"Do you need something?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out." I bite my lip. There's a pause.

"Sure!" She finally answers. I give her my address, and she tells me she'll be here in 20 minutes.

I wander around my bedroom aimlessly, Bloom trailing behind.

After what seems way longer than 20 minutes, the doorbell rings. I smile and skip out of my room.

"And what are you doing here?" Luke interrogates. I roll my eyes and put my hand on his shoulder, shoving him out of the way.

"Hiya!" I greet, leading Ariana inside.

For whatever reason, I decide to give her a house tour.

I go through the building that I now call home, and I finish with-

"And this is the TV room." Sure enough, everyone is there. They wave to my newly found friend.

"Wow, are you guys twins or something?" Ariana rushes towards Aspen. She grabs a piece of her hair and drops it again.

"Not by choice." Aspen scoffs. I glare at her.

"Don't worry, the feeling is mutual." I send her a completely fake smile, and she returns the favor.

"Wow, umm, sorry." Ari cowers, returning to her spot behind me. I send Aspen a final dirty look, then we both climb upstairs.

"What's with you and your sister?" She asks right away, as soon as my door is closed.

"We had a falling out, and now we kind of act like we hate each other."

"What happened?"

"Uhmmmm, well... I don't know exactly, we just started insulting each other, and I thought she stole the boy I like from me and didn't care, and-"

"Do you really hate each other, though?" I freeze at this question. I have no idea how to answer it.

"I don't know." I shrug.

"What are you so upset about today?"

"Did you hear what she said about me to the whole internet?"

"No."

I whisper it quick in her ear.

"Oh my gosh, that's horrible!"

I nod my head.

"I have to pee." I announce. I walk out quickly, and reach the bathroom door, just as it's opening.

"Ah, Summer." Luke smiles. I frown.

"What were you doing in my bathroom?" I cross my arms.

"Using it." He smirks.

"Well why my bathroom? Why couldn't you use the one downsta-"

"You're so cute when you're angry." Luke blurts.

"What?" I freeze, blushing.

Before I can stutter out anything meaningless, his lips crash onto mine. And I find myself kissing back.

///////////////////////

This is such a filler. I'm almost embarrassed..

It's kinda short too.

Again, I'm sorry.

The ending was good though, right?

Butttttt.... some really exciting things are about to happen!

Beware!

Vote, comment, fan!

Lots of love,

Kat xxxxxxxxxx

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX