Chapter Thirty-Six

Summer

I'm woken up late at night by loud knocks on my bedroom door. I groggily pull on a pair of sweats and trudge to the door, slowly turning the handle. I squint to see who's visiting me so late, when I'm surprised.

She's actually visiting me?

"Hey. This is really important, so don't think I'm starting to like you again." Aspen's voice sounds completely sarcastic, and I cross my arms.

"What?" She pushes her way inside and plops down on my beanbag, taking a bottle of Pepsi out of her bag. She takes a sip and looks at me.

"It's about Luke."

"What about him?" I ask, uncomfortably itching my arm.

"He's leaving. Him and the boys. They're going on tour with a boy-band." She gets straight to the point. My stomach drops, but I maintain my composure.

"L-leaving?" I stutter, totally dropping my 'I'm okay' act.

"I had to warn you. Only because I don't think you can do all of that by yourself." She motions to my mini-bump. It takes me a second to realize that this is really gonna effect me.

"Thank you."

"Yeah, don't expect any more help." She pushes past me and out the door, then she's gone.

Now that Luke's future is really taking off, there is no way I could possibly tell him.

--------------------------

The next morning, I'm brushing my hair when my phone rings.

I pick it up and check the caller i.d.

Luke.

I really want to answer, because I'm sure he wants to see me, but I shakily set it down.

After a couple rings it hangs up. Then he calls three more times before finally giving up.

I shake my head, wishing I didn't have to do this.

I just hope he doesn't decide to show up here, wondering where I'm at.

My phone rings for a fifth time and I'm about to ignore it when I see the caller i.d. is different.

"Connor!" I answer excitedly, grasping the phone.

"Hey Summer!" I can hear his smile.

"What's up?"

"Oh, I just called to see how you were... we haven't really talked in a while!" He admits. I shake my head, then remember I'm on the phone.

"Yeah." I say a little late.

"You were shaking your head, weren't you."

"How did you know?"

"I know you, Summer." He laughs. He spends the next ten minutes telling me about things, like how Kian's doing, and his new apartment.

"So how have you been?" He asks me.

"Honestly?"

"Yeah."

"I miss you." I breath.

"Aw." He laughs.

"Who?" I hear after my door opens. I turn in the general direction to see Luke entering my bedroom. I yank my blankets up over my torso, since I'm only wearing a sports bra and yoga pants.

"N-no one." I stutter, because I'm surprised. His expression turns to hurt. Bad, that was bad.

"I've gotta go." I mumble to Con, before I hang up. Luke walks forward and sits down at the edge of my bed.

"What's going on, Sum? Why didn't you answer my calls?"

"I couldn't."

"Why?"

"It doesn't matter, Luke."

"Yeah, it does." He sighs, frustrated. I don't like seeing him like this, but I keep my mouth shut. There's a few moments of silence.

"Who was that on the phone?" He asks quietly. I'm caught between two decisions. I could really tell him who I was talking to, and keep our relationship, where I'd run the risk of him finding out, or I could do the alternative.... I wouldn't have to push him away, because I might tear his heart into pieces with the answer I give him in the next minute.

I didn't think today would be the day I'd lose Luke.

Tears rush to my eyes and I try to blink them away. I feel a horrible pain inside, and I can barely look at him.

"It was someone.."

"Someone..."

"A guy." I technically answer truthfully, but I know he'll take it the wrong way.

"Y-you're cheating?" He urges. I meet his gaze to see tears in his eyes as well, and I shrug.

"After all of this? I thought you loved me! You lied, didn't you? You don't even care!" He yells, standing. A few stray tears make their way down his face.

I know what the pain is now. My heart is being torn apart piece by piece.

"Maybe you could've told me you were gonna leave! You won't even be here in a month!" I fire back.

"That's what I wanted to tell you, Summer! That's why I came here."

"So you were just gonna ditch me?"

"Aren't I aloud to have dreams too? Or is everything about you now." I'm stunned silent, staring at his crushed figure.

I study his beautiful blue eyes and perfect blonde hair as he storms to the door.

He's opened it and is halfway out when he turns back around.

"I wish I wasn't in love with you." He spits, his face still wet with tears, before slamming the door.

I let out a strangled sob.

What have I done?

//////////////////////////////

Hi

That's all I can say

Vote comment fan

May the force be with you

Kat<3

XxxxxxxxxX