Chapter Thirty-Two

Summer

I push panicked thoughts out of my head as I walk home from confronting Aspen.

I'm sure I'm fine.... nothing's wrong.

It's possible that it can be late sometimes.... right? Right.

I step into my house, heading straight for my bedroom.

I immediately notice the large lump on my bed, and hear a few sniffles.

"Mikey?" I cautiously poke the pile.

"What?" He croaks. Suddenly, his head appears, and his stares at me with a heartbroken look in his eyes.

"Aw, Mikey." I sit down on my bed, setting his head in my lap.

"Sorry for being in your room." He mutters. I brush some hair out of his eyes.

"It's be okay. She'll come around." I comfort.

He closes his eyes, starting to snore softly.

I'm so happy Michael and I are friends again, he's even working on his trust in me. I couldn't ask for anything more.

I grab a book and open it to my marked place, about to read, when my phone rings.

It's Luke.

I have a mental heart attack for a second, then answer.

"Hello?"

"Summer?"

"Luke." My heart melts when I hear his voice. He has such an amazing effect on me..

I don't think I've loved anyone more.

"I miss you." He mumbles.

"I miss you too."

"Luke, how much longer until you come home?"

"Still a week and a half." He sighs. I look at Michael and realize something.

"Would you mind if I shipped Michael out to you?"

"Why? I thought he was staying with you girls."

"Aspen broke up with him."

"Send him right away." He responds quickly, making me giggle.

"Sure." I grab a pillow and move Michael's head. Then, I get up and pack every piece of clothing he left in this house, and everything else. Man, it's like this house is a second home to him.

Well, it practically is.

By the time I'm finished, Luke tells me he has to leave.

"I love you." I whisper.

"I love you too." Then the line goes dead.

I think about Luke for a second longer... and I remember the thoughts I was hoping to push away.

I'm sure it'll be okay...

What will he think?

Shut up, Summer. There's nothing wrong. I'm sure it'll start right away tomorrow morning.

Definitely.

I finally return to my room, shaking tired Michael awake.

He groans and opens his eyes.

"Let's go." I announce, dragging him out of bed.

He drowsily follows me down the stairs and into my car.

"Where are we going?" He asks.

"It's a surprise." I tease, starting the car. I pull out of the driveway and down the street, taking a left turn towards the airport.

It doesn't take long before we arrive.

I take him inside along with his suitcase, and after another amount of time, we finally arrive at the right gate.

"Flight 347 to Dublin now boarding." The woman announces.

I put the handle of his bag in his hand and smile.

"Luke, Calum, and Ashton will meet you at the airport."

He smiles like a young boy on Christmas, and hugs me tightly.

"Thanks Sum." He says, before turning around and boarding.

I cross my arms over my chest and begin returning to my car.

I definitely did the right thing.

-----------------------

I wake up in the middle of the night with a strange feeling in my stomach, and sprint to the bathroom.

I barely make it in time to empty out everything inside of me.

When I'm finished, I lean back on the bathtub, closing my eyes.

Oh my gosh.

That's all I can think right now.

Oh my gosh.

I sniffle a bit and struggle to my feet.

I brush my teeth, then step back into my room.

Quietly, I put on a pair of sweatpants and Luke's hoodie. I open my door and tip-toe down the stairs. I sneak outside and cross my arms, slightly shivering, as I head towards the mini gas station a couple of blocks down.

After 15 minutes, I finally arrive. I push inside and see one other person, a teenager working as a cashier.

I look around in a few aisles, when I find what I'm looking for.

I don't care that it's the most expensive one, I take the test that promises the best accuracy.

I shuffle to the girl's station and set down my item. She stares at it for a second, looking slightly judgmental, but scans it anyway without saying a word. I pay her, then approach the bathroom. She doesn't seem to care.

I lock myself inside a stall and open the pink box.

It's about as simple as the ones I've seen on TV.

I make sure I'm ready, then nervously sit down on the toilet and do what you do.

I set it down when I'm done, butterflies tickling my stomach as I wait for the results that might change my life forever.

I'll be okay.

It'll be okay.

Nothing's wrong.

Finally, I pick up the test.

It'll be-

Tears spring to my eyes.

I wrap it in paper towels and stuff it in my purse. I throw the stall door open and rush out of the store.

I stumble down the street... then find myself turning and stopping at a doorstep.

I knock on the door.

About five minutes later, the door is opened, and she's right there.

"Aspen." I gasp, tears streaming down my face.

"Why are you here? And why at 3 in the morning?" She growls, rubbing her face.

"I need you."

"Yeah, sure you do."

"Aspen, I'm pregnant."

//////////////////////

Hi

I hate school

A lot

A whole lot

And some more

Yeah

Vote

Comment

Fan

Lots of love!!!!

XxxxxxxxxxxxxX

Kat<3