Chapter Ten

Summer

I scoff and storm out of Aspen's room, during her little "musical number" with Luke.

She can have the jerk if she wants him. It's not like I care, anyway.

I walk to my bedroom, immediately seeing my photo wall.

Tears stream down my face as I tear pictures of me and my twin sister off the wall. They lay scattered all over the floor, and I let out a sob. I run forward and throw myself down on my bed.

Why can't I just go home?

I just want to go home.

Back to Los Angeles.

Because I never felt this way when I was there.

--------------------------

I wake up an hour before noon, and slide out of my bed very un-gracefully. I trudge to my closet to change, having troubles deciding on what to wear.

I finally choose a lacy cream-colored crop-top and high waisted jean shorts. I fix my hair into beach waves, and finish with a super-tumblr flower crown.

I sneak out of my room and down a few stairs when the doorbell rings.

At first, I expect someone to answer it. But when no one advances toward the door, I groan and do so myself.

Boy, was I happy I did.

"Connor!" I squeal, throwing my arms around my best friend, who stands on my doorstep. He laughs and hugs me back.

"I wanted to visit you by surprise." He admits, pulling away and smiling at me.

I grab his hand and lead him inside. I drag him up the stairs and into the guest room on my floor to put his bags down. Then I take him back downstairs to catch up in the TV room.

We sit on the couch, and he tells me of the past few weeks, video posting, visits with his family, night trips with his other friends.

Then it's my turn.

He's so astonished by the end of my story of feeling something strong for a new boy, and losing my connection with my twin sister.

He's about to say something when, well of course, speak of the devil...

"Con!" My purple-haired sibling exclaims, throwing her arms forward. She's filled by the four boys, including the stupid blonde jerk.

He smirks at me, and my heart flutters. I frown, annoyed.

Connor let's Aspen hug him for a second, then claims he needs my help with something in his room. I nod, knowing exactly what he means. He still wants us to be alone.

He steps upstairs, and I tell him I'll be there in a second, because I just have to find my phone. I start going through the couch cushions, feeling someone's presence in front of me.

"Is that your boyfriend or something?" I hear his voice over my head. Right at that second I find what I'm looking for, and I stand, giving him a dirty look.

"It's none of your business." I speak in an icy tone. He stares at me, hurt clear on his face. I soften for half a second, then shake my head. Butterflies tickle my stomach through his gaze.

I turn away, running up the stairs. I find Connor right away.

"Con." I choke, falling to his arms. Then I begin to cry.

---------------------------

"Connor, meet Michael and Ashton. Michael and Ashton, meet Connor." I introduce in my room. We sit in a tiny four person circle, preparing to play truth or dare.

"You can go first." Con decides, nodding to me.

"Okay." I shrug.

"Michael, truth or dare?"

"Dare." He smirks, crossing his arms. I return his smirk, knowing exactly what to do.

"I dare you to knock on my neighbor's door while only wearing your boxers." I crack my knuckles, acting like it was no big deal. Michael blushed for a second, then regained his composure.

"Sure." He breathed. Without warning, he tore his shirt off, stood up, and stripped his trousers. I couldn't help but blush at his nudity, which only gives him a reason to be cocky about it.

"Like what you see?" He flexes his arm, and I roll my eyes.

"You wish." I banter.

"Yeah, sure I do."

"Can you just go do the dare?" I complain. He seems to remember it, then dashes out of the room.

I sprint to my window, followed by Connor and Ashton.

We laugh our butts off as Michael wanders across the street. He knocks on the door, and a boy about our age answers. They have a short conversation, and then Michael retreats back to the house with a weird look on his face. A minute later, he's in my room again.

"What's wrong, Mikey?" I grin.

"He have me his number." He mumbles, furrowing his eyebrows. I burst out laughing and high-five Connor.

"My turn!" Ashton raises his hand.

"Okay." I confirm.

"Summer, truth or dare?" He rubs his hands together.

"Dare." I challenge.

"I dare you to kiss a boy in the house." My heart stops for a second. But I can't show vulnerability. After all, it's just a tiny little kiss.

A tiny little kiss.... that would also be my first kiss.

Connor stares at me, knowing the same thing.

"Sure." I agree, letting out a shaky breath.

Connor sends me a look.

"I have to go to the bathroom first!" I blurt. I sprint out of the room and into the bathroom.

I take a few deep breaths. I'll be okay. I'll be okay. It's nothing big, so I don't need to freak out so much.

Why do I feel like something big is gonna happen?

I'm on the edge of my seat, my heart racing.

I decide to suck it up and go back out anyway.

I open the door and walk out, but then I run into something immediately.

"Better watch where you're going." That voice says. My stomach flutters, and I look up, my cheeks tinged pink.

"What do you n-need?" I stutter.

"I heard you guys talking in there."

"About wha-"

"I wanted to help you." He interrupts. Before I can respond, he presses his lips onto mine. My heart soars for a second, but then I pull away, remembering what he did.

I search his gorgeous, full, ocean blue eyes. He's taken aback, and really hurt.

I slap him in the face and run away.

/////////////////

Oooooh, suspense!

Hi guys, it's Kat!

This story was almost basically filler accept for a few parts....

I hope you enjoyed it anyway and keep reading!

Vote, comment, and fan!

Lots of love<3

Kat xxxxxxxxx