Chapter Fourteen

Summer

"Bye Connor!" I wave, tears in my eyes. I'm really gonna miss him.... again.

It was amazing to have him in Australia, but now he's leaving, and I have to face the fact that he can't always be here anymore.

He blows me a kiss, waves, and boards the plane.

I turn away, snuggling into my boyfriend's chest. He rubs the back of my head and speaks soothing words.

I get in my car, and Michael climbs into the passenger seat. It only takes 10 minutes to get back home.

When I get there, I decide I want to be alone. Mikey respects that, and goes to see if any of his friends are currently in the house.

I step up the stairs and stumble into my room. Bloom purrs and presses her flank to my foot. I scoop her up and carry her up to my loft with me. Kip is already there, napping.

I pick up my guitar and strum aimlessly, remembering the tune from a couple of days ago.

I find myself playing Luke's song, humming the lyrics softly.

When I think of Luke, I think of the pain he's caused me. Which leads me on to the pain Aspen has caused me. And the pain Connor has caused me in not being here anymore.

I want my best friend. I want my sister. I want the beautiful blonde boy who sang with me.

But I can't have my best friend. He can't be here for me.

I can't have my sister. She chose the path of being a bitch, and I've realized by now that that's probably how she's always been. The Aspen I've known may not have been the real Aspen.

Finally, I can't have the boy. He'd never feel the way for me that I feel for him. He doesn't care. It hurts me to admit it, but I know deep down in my heart that Luke doesn't care.

I want Los Angeles back. I want it back so bad, it hurts.

Everything hurts. Everything.

The pain is too overwhelming to bear.

I tug on the sleeve of my sweatshirt, desperate for a way to be free of all of this pain. I think and think, but nothing comes to mind.

I remember Aspen... what she claims to do.

Is it really as relieving as they say on the internet?

For some reason, it really, truly seems right to me.

I find myself rushing to my bathroom. I barge inside and slide the shower curtain open.

I take down a razor from the shelf and free the blades.

I pick one up and press it to my skin. Should I really do this?

I shake my head and blink away tears. I press down.

It sinks into my skin, and pain shoots up my arm. I make a slash. I start another one. And another. Another.

As the blood pours out of me, I feel the emotional pain going along with it.

I keep going without thinking, tears sliding down my cheeks, until I've almost reached my elbow. Breathing heavy, I drop the blade.

Blood drips onto the tiled floor, streaming from my arm. I don't care, I don't care.

I don't care at all.

----------------------

"Call 000!" Someone screams.

I feel my small body being held by a pair of arms. The person's shirt is soft, and they smell good.

I try to open my eyes, but I see blinding light and squeeze them shut once again.

"I-it's Summer!" The person holding me stutters. I recognize the voice.

I hear other frantic voices around me. There are loud, rushing footsteps, and the dialing of a phone.

My right arm throbs. It feels sticky, as well. It hurts so much. It's unbearable.

I feel something wet drip onto my cheek. It confuses me. Seconds later, I feel another drop. Then I hear a sniffle. It all makes sense.

"Luke." I whisper, raising my left hand ever-so-slightly.

"It'll be okay, Sum." He answers, his voice sounding wobbly. He's crying. Why does it actually seem that he cares so much more than he really does?

"Hold my hand." I mumble. I feel his long fingers around mine. Ever since I was little, having my hand held was the best form of reassurance for me. I smile faintly.

"She's awake?" Someone asks. Tierney. She sounds awful. She's always been the one to panic the most.

"Yeah, she said my name and asked me to hold her hand." Luke responds.

"Why did you do this, Summer?" Aspen sounds angry, furious, actually. I don't answer, but I also don't fail to say plenty of rude things in my head to her.

I can't believe I'm stuck with a twin sister who doesn't care about me.

I hear the door slam open, and then my mother and father add to the many voices in the room.

"My baby!" Mom yells, running to me. She holds my face in between her hands, and sobs as quietly as she can. I attempt to open my eyes again, this time ignoring the brightness of the room.

My bedroom, I realize. Just outside of my bathroom.

I see little Bloom huddled away on top of my bed, looking hopelessly scared. My heart breaks for her.

Everyone stares at me. My parents. My sisters. The boys. My freaking cats. Michael. Aspen. Luke.

I cough a little.

"What happened?" I wheeze. They each look at each other.

"You almost died. You almost bled to d-death in your b-bathroom." Luke stutters again.

I'm surprised for a second, before I remember.

The memories come crashing in. The horrible pain I felt this morning.

Before I can respond, there are sirens in front of my house.

The front door slams open, and soon, my door as well.

Medics surge forward and take me from Luke's arms, and my heart drops.

"Luke!" I sob, before they put me on a stretcher and take me away.

//////////////////

Very short, yet very suspenseful chapter!

I hope you liked it:)

What's gonna happen to Summer?

I feel so evil, only I know>:)

Vote, comment, fan!

Lots of love,

Kat xxxxxxxxx<3

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3