Chapter Fifty-One

Summer

"Geez, Luke, you're such a dumbass." I tease, thwacking my boyfriend on the chest.

I'm so happy to see him again, and I'm really trying to ignore the fact that this feeling can't last for long.

We walk together, holding hands, and he sits down on the couch, me following. I lay my head on his shoulder and trace circles on his hand with my finger.

"How many months is it again?" He questions.

"Almost 8." I smile.

"Soon." He mumbles in my hair.

We sit together for a while, then decide to turn on the tv.

"Ooh, we should watch Keeping Up with the Kardashians." I point eagerly.

"Noooo." He whines.

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes!" I say, tugging at the remote. Luke tugs back.

"Nooo, I don't like that show."

"Oh really now." I stand up, crossing my arms. He furrows his eyebrows.

"What are you getting so worked up about?" He stares at me. I freeze for a few seconds.

"I don't really know." We both look into each other's eyes, then burst out laughing at the same time. I'm about to speak again when Luke's phone begins to ring.

"Hello? Yeah. Yeah. I can... okay, fine. See you soon. Bye."

"Who... what was that?" I question, daring to sit beside him on the couch again.

"Ash called, he really needs me to meet him."

"For what?" I ask.

"I don't know. He just said it was important." He shrugs.

"Okay, but be back soon. Love you." I kiss him on the cheek. He hugs me to his chest protectively for a second then strolls out the front door.

I flip through the channels on the tv again, looking for the show is wanted to watch before. I'm jut clicking on it as Tierney enters the room.

"Watching Kardashians?" She smirks.

"Yes." I blush. I don't really know why I like this show so much, and my older sister never fails to tease me for it. Yet, she settles down beside me, her eyes glued to the screen.

"Who's your favorite?"

"Khloe. Easy." I answer, not even meeting her eyes.

"Fair enough." She giggles.

"Im gonna go get some iced tea." I say, getting up from the couch.

On my way, I feel and weird fluttery and throbbing feeling in my stomach, but I ignore it.

I approach the fridge, a cup in my hand, and fill it with tea. I drop in a few ice cubes, then turn around to head back to the living room.

I gasp as a horrible pain tears through my back, spreading like electricity.

I breath heavily and notice a wet feeling under my bottom half.

I don't know what I expect to see, but it definitely isn't blood trickling down my leg.

My vision blurs, and I quietly hear the sound of my glass breaking on the tile floor. Sticky tea puddles under my toes, mixed with the faintest hint of scarlet.

I put my hands over my huge, throbbing belly and drop to the ground, my vision going black.

---------------------

Nuff said

May the force be with you,

Kat

X