Chapter Fifty Seven

Summer

I wake up early in the morning to Wren's loud cries.

By now I can tell the freaking crying apart. Because they cry so much. It's that bad.

I know, I know. I should've known this would happen, this is what I get for getting pregnant at 16, blah blah blah.

"Luke." I groan. In response, he snores.

"It's your turn." I nudge him. He groans and tugs at the blanket. Of course.

Tiredly, I sigh and get out of bed. As I'm walking down the hallway, I put my hair into a bun. I quietly walk into the baby's bedroom and approach Wren's crib. When I'm in her sight, she quiets a little and her eyes widen, but she definitely doesn't stop.

"Are you hungry, baby?" I coo, carefully picking her up. Finally, when we've reached the doorway, she's silently staring at me with wide blue eyes.

Both of them have blue eyes from Luke, which makes me happy. They'll never have to be stuck with my poop brown ones.

I go down into the kitchen and take out formula and a bottle. I mix the formula inside the bottle then put it in the warmer to heat it up.

As I'm waiting, I make eye contact with my little girl. Her eyes are always big. Suddenly, she hiccups, which makes me giggle.

"What's so funny?" Luke intrudes, walking into the room shirtless with Brook tucked in his arm. He sets the little boy next to his sister, then fixes another bottle and puts it in beside the other one.

I watch the babies touch each other with chubby fingers with a smile on my face.

Luke's arms snake around my waist, and I can feel his warm chest on my back.

"You remember what today is, right?" He whispers in my ear, making me shiver.

"How could I forget?" I respond, shutting my eyes. He trails kisses down my neck, until he reaches my cheek.

"You're so beautiful." He sighs, finally laying his head on my shoulder.

"And you're as cute as a button." I grin. He kisses me on the cheek again, when the noise goes off to signify the bottles are done. Luke's arms quickly drop and he turns.

"What time is Aspen and Mikey coming over?" He asks, unplugging the bottle warmer.

"She said 8:30." I pick up a bottle.

"So, right about-" the doorbell rings.

"Now." I finish, tapping his nose. I wipe my hands off on a dish towel and leave the room.

"Come in." I smile at my twin.

We've been through so much. When we moved to Australia, I never expected so much to change.

"Happy 1 year anniversary!" She nudges me.

"Thanks." I blush.

"Brook!" She exclaims, dashing into the kitchen. She's taken a special liking to my son, ever since the day he smiled at her.

"We'd better get changed." I say, tapping Luke. He's about to respond, when-

"Hey, is anyone in here? Aspen? Luke?"

"Kitchen, Mikey." I respond. I climb up the stairs and quickly change into something pretty. I brush on light makeup and gather up the contents of my purse.

"I'm ready. Where are we going?" I skip down the stairs. I slip my fingers into Luke's.

"You'll see." He smirks, before leading me out the door.

-----------------

It's dark out now, and Luke has lead me on a day full of wonderful adventures to celebrate our anniversary. Now, we're waiting at the front desk of a beautiful restaurant next to the lake overlooked by our city.

I can see the moonlight shining on the sparkling waves as the waiter leads us to a table right by the water.

I've noticed Luke acting a little weirdly ever since he parked our car outside. He's been wiping his palms on his pants, he's a little jumpy, and he keeps checking his pocket for something. He almost seems nervous. I have no idea what he could possibly be nervous about.

"Luke, is there something wrong?" I finally ask. He meets my eyes.

"No. Why?"

"You just seem a little tense." I admit, smiling shyly.

"I'm okay." He holds my hand across the table, returning my smile.

We order food, and it doesn't take long for it to come. The whole time, Luke gets more and more nervous, despite what he said. It's like he's waiting for something to happen.

As soon as we're done eating, I take a few moments to gaze out over the water.

"It's so pretty, isn't it?" I pause. When Luke doesn't respond, I furrow my eyebrows and turn to see what's wrong.

My heart stops.

He's down on one knee, right in front of my chair. He takes my hand, and I just watch him with big eyes.

"Summer. I-I don't know where to start." He glances down at his shoes nervously, which makes me smile a little.

"I know we haven't been together the longest.. and I know we're only 17. Maybe this is crazy. But Summer, I know you're the only girl I ever want in my life. You've stuck with me through a lot. When I thought I lost you, I never felt worse. You're my rock, my beautiful girl. And even though it was early in our lives, you gave me the most perfect babies I could ever ask for. I know we're too young for this, but I'll wait a year, no, I'd wait ten years to be with you, just as long as I could know you're mine. I'm hopelessly in love with you. So, Summer Watson, will you marry me?"

My eyes remain on him, tears falling down my cheeks.

"Y-yes, Luke. I love you and I'll marry you." The words tumble out of my mouth before I can even think. I don't care. Now I know that Luke can be mine forever.

A huge grin takes over his face. He jumps up and throws his arms around me.

"I love you, I love you, I love you." He keeps repeating into my hair. I feel warm in his arms, my face in his chest.

This.

Luke, the babies, my sisters.

This is all I could've ever asked for.

///////////////////

Perfect ending:) all is left are the epilogues:(

Don't worry, we got this guys!

If you liked this story, make sure to check our other ones:)

Love you guys:)

-Kat