Chapter Twenty-Nine

Aspen

I roll out of bed and quickly pad to my bathroom. I fling the door open and run to the toilet. I bend over, emptying the contents of my stomach into the toilet. Once I finished I stood up and walked over to the sink. I look at myself, and see dark purple bags under my eyes. I frown and turn around and start the shower. I peel my sports bra and shorts off. I slowly climb into the warm water. I scrub my body and wash my hair, and climb out. I dry off and walk into my room. I grab a pair of sweatpants and a sportsbra, and a sweatshirt. I slip my under garments on, along with my sweatshirt and sweatpants. I throw my hair up, and walk downstairs.

I enter the kitchen and grab a glass. I fill it up with water, then grab a slice of bread. I sit down and chew on the bread. I slowly sip my water, and look around for the ibuprofen. I see it on the island, and walk over to it. I grab it, and twist the cap off grabbing two. I take the pills with my water then trudge into the living room. I flop down and notice no one is in the house. I grab the TV remote, and turn it on, hooking up my Xbox. I curl up on the couch and wait for it to start up.

I was in the middle of playing a round of Call of Duty, when someone sat next to me. I ignored them and continued playing, once the game was over, I felt drowsy. I decided to go upstairs and rest. I look over and see Michael staring at me.

"Are you okay? You don't look well" He states, eyes roaming my face. I shake my head.

"I got sick this morning, and I have a killer headache" I say frowning. He nods, picking me up and walking upstairs. He lays me down on the bed, and tucks me in. He lays next to me and rubs my back. I soon fall asleep, after about 5 minutes.

+

I wake up, and run to my bathroom, once again. I make it to the toilet just in time. I empty my stomach into the bowl. I feel Michael hold my hair, and rub my back. Once I finish I flush the toilet, and rest my head against the wall. I stand up and brush my teeth. Once I'm done with that, I walk out to see a concerned Michael waiting for me. He opens his arms and I collapse into them. He rests his chin on my shoulder, and I bury my face into the crook of his neck. I back away from the hug and pad to my bed. I lean against the headboard, Michael doing the same. 

"You know there was one reason I came here today, and that was to ask you a question" He speaks up.

"And that is?" I question him.

"Well uh when you get better do you want to maybe go on a date with uh me?" He asks, his cheeks turning a light shade of pink. I feel a smile creep up on my face.

"I'd love to" I say smiling at him. A smile blossoms on his face.

"Great! Now you need rest" He says pulling me into his chest. He kisses my hair, and buries his face into my shoulder. I cuddle into him, and soon drift off to sleep to the sound of his heartbeat and soft snores.

=============

idk

love yall

emily