Chapter Fifty-Three

Summer

"It's a..... wait, Aspen, what's wrong?" I furrow my eyebrows, ignoring my worries.

Let me fill you in..

I went into premature labor, and it caused me to pass out.

Tierney found me right away and called an ambulance.

When I woke up, they were already born. I didn't come to until I was done.

I was frantic. I needed to know where they were, and why I couldn't see them.

That's when they told me.

I had twins.

The first, a boy, is fully grown and perfectly healthy.

The second is a girl.

She was born too small, because her brother took up too much space. They are currently trying to fix her lungs, and they told me there's a chance she won't make it.

I've never been so worried before in my life.

And to top it off, I haven't heard from Luke since he left this morning. He might not even know that the babies are born.

Back to the present...

Aspen immediately bursts into tears.

"I-it's L-Landon-"

"What did he do to you? Oh I swear if I get my hands on him-"

"Cool it, Sum." Tierney interjects, wanting to hear what Aspen has to say.

"N-no, I'm not what's important here. Was it a boy or girl?" She stopped crying, and she's fixed her eyes on me again.

"Both." I grin.

"What do you mean?"

"I had twins!" I squeal. Aspen jumps up, excited, then sits right back down, moaning in pain.

"You aren't okay, Aspen." I say, concerned.

"Where's Luke?" She tries to change the subject, at which she succeeds.

"I have no idea. Apparently he hasn't answered his phone." I admit.

"When did you see him last?"

"We were cuddling on the couch about twenty minutes before I went into labor. He left because he had to go meet Ashton for something."

"Maybe I should call Ashton." Tierney suggests. I nod.

She dials his number and presses her phone to her face. After a few rings, I can faintly hear his voice through the speaker.

"Hey babe. Where's Luke?" Tierney asks.

"Okay. Okay. Can you please put him on the phone? Please? Thanks, love you!" She shoves the phone into my hand.

"Hello?" Luke and I answer simultaneously, then we burst into a fit of laughter.

"Did you leave your phone at my house or something?" I question after we're finished.

"Yeah. Is there something wrong, Sum?"

"I'm at the hospital, Luke." I say gently.

"Wait, what? What's wrong? Are you hurt? Did something happen to the baby?" He rushes. I can hear the jingling of his car keys in the background.

"Babies... I had them."

"Y-you had the baby? And I wasn't there?"

"Yeah." I say sadly.

"I'll be right over, love you." Then he hangs up before I can respond.

Luke bursts through the door, out of breath, 15 minutes later.

"Summer." He sighs, hugging my head to his chest, which makes me giggle.

"You don't have to be so dramatic, Luke."

"Yes, I do. I love you and I wasn't here for you when you went through that pain."

"Luke-"

"Ms. Watson?" A kind nurse knocks on the door.

"Come in." I smile.

When she begins to approach me, I realize she's holding a small bundle wrapped in a blanket. Tears spring to me eyes, and I reach forward.

"Here's your baby boy." She says sweetly, gently lowering him into my arms.

"Your little girl is undergoing surgery. She's doing great so far." She assures, before leaving the room.

"Wait, there's two?" Luke asks, alarmed.

"Luke, look." I say distractedly, staring at the little baby in my arms.

"He's adorable." Aspen gushes, making me giggle happily.

"What are you guys gonna name him?" Tierney questions. I look up to Luke, seeing a look of fascination and extreme happiness I've never seen in his eyes before. When his gaze finally meets mine, I let him say it.

"Brooklyn James."

"And the baby girl will be Wren Brinley." I add with a smile.

We sit in our little bubble of happiness for what seems like forever, when the nurse finally re-enters the room.

"Your baby girl made it. You can come see her now."

----------------
Brooklyn and Wren on the side:)

-Kat

Xxx