Chapter Sixteen

Summer

I stand watching as Tierney opens the front door to the house.

I'm able to do it myself. But apparently after you've been at the hospital, you become incapable. Eh, whatever. I'm okay with someone holding a door for me every once and a while.

I step inside. Nothing has changed in the past few days. Still, I smile. It's great to be back home.

I decide to climb up to my bedroom immediately. Michael trails along behind me.

One bad thing about being at home? My sister have come to a conclusion that I can't handle being by myself in my bedroom, so they've made a new house rule... I always need someone with me.

They even have a sleep schedule!

This is going to drive me crazy. It better not last too long.

I open my bedroom door. I hear a pair of excited mews, before I'm attacked by my two kitties.

I look down. Bloom stares back with those gorgeous blue eyes.

Luke.

He comes to my mind as if on cue.

I know I can't feel this way. I have a boyfriend, for one!

He walks around me and sits on my bed. I can't help but try to ignore my thoughts of the blonde boy, and think about adorable Michael, the boy with his hair falling in his eyes.

I sigh, a smile still on my face. I walk up my loft, spotting my guitar. I pick it up and try to play a few notes.

It only takes me a second to realize why it doesn't sound right.

I look at my right arm, covered in bandages, and blink away tears.

I can't cry all the time like this. The doctor said it would be better if I think happy thoughts.

Hmmm, what in my life is happy?

This is a hard one, at the moment.

I think of Bloom, cupped in my hands, which makes me think of hanging out with Connor on the beach in Los Angeles, and then I think of Los Angeles.

I wander down the steps to my loft, and see Michael, which makes me think of Michael.

Finally, and without a doubt, my thoughts easily wander to Luke.

He didn't visit me at the hospital. Well, he did, only once. I can distinctly remember it. He walked through the door. He asked me if I I was okay. I said 'kind of'. He laughed for a second. He came forward and touched my cheek. I was speechless, staring into his ocean blue orbs. There was incredible sadness in his eyes. Before I could say anything, he turned away, and left.

He didn't come back, either.

I walk out my bedroom door, deciding I'm hungry. Michael is right behind me.

I step down the stairs and towards the kitchen, wanting Nutella.

I step into the kitchen, about to grab the jar, when-

"Summer?" Her voice is shaky. I stop.

"What?" I mumble.

"Y-you're back." She sounds completely surprised.

"You didn't know that? Did they drop you out of the loop, Aspen?" I say sourly, turning around. She looks at me like a deer caught in headlights.... well, until she narrows her eyes.

"No. I just didn't care." She scoffs, grabbing the jar before me. She sends me one last dirty look, then leaves. With the jar.

I huff, grabbing a package of Oreos instead.

I carry my food into the TV room. One other person is there.

"Luke." I breath. He turns around. When he sees me, he smiles. He stands, dodges the couch, and engulfs me in his warm, strong arms, and buries his face in my hair.

For the first time today, I'm genuinely smiling, with butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

///////////////////////

That was so short.....

Sorry!

I hope you still liked it!

Vote, comment, fan!

Lots of love,

Kat xxxxxxxxxxxx

<3<3<3<3<3