Chapter 5 - Strength

Omniscient
Two Days Later

Ambrosine sat at the kitchen table swirling her spoon around in her bowl of cereal. She was still in physical pain but nothing could ever reach the amount of suffering she felt mentally. She's been silent for two days as she replayed being kicked and hit repeatedly in her face and stomach. She was startled by the voice of Chasity interrupting her thoughts.

" So you're just not going to talk?" Chasity stared at a silent Ambrosine. She hadn't really been talking to Chasity either. She continued to swirl her spoon in her full bowl. Mentally, she was begging for the silence to return.

" Is it because we had to go to the  Saint guys house?" Ambrosine eyed her.

" I doubt he's gonna be immature about the situation or even say shit for that matter. He doesn't even know you." She added.

" Hellllllllo, speak" She waved her hand in front her face.

" He let you inside his home. Don't overthink it. He may be a nice guy" She tried to make any type of conversation at this point. She didn't mind talking to herself but it was getting old real quick.

" Seems like you're the one who's overthinking it." Ambrosine mumbled.

She got up from the table causing the chair to screech against the floor.

" You seriously don't think he's fine?!" She kept talking Ambrosine's ears off. Ambrosine blankly stared at her. She was met with silence again.

" Ok fine. I've been listening to my own voice for hours and I'm sick of it. I bet you'll have a full conversation when you see his fine ass standing in the middle of this kitchen!" She began to make a dramatic exit out the kitchen and laughed. She turned back to see Ambrosine eyes roll.

" I'm just kidding damn. You don't gotta be so cold girl" She spoke up.

" So you really aren't going to talk. You're letting Niche win?"  Chasity went on and on.

Ambrosine shrugged.

" I am so boreddddd."  She truly was bored aside from her genuinely being concerned about the mental state of her friend.

" You keep talking my ears off and I'm trying to think about anything but him. I'm sorry you're bored but I have actual issues I need to sort." She sighed. Her thoughts ran wild but she finally verbalized how she felt. She was always convinced that her life would be better eventually but on days like this, she felt defeated.

" I'm sorry girl I just wanted to make sure you were mentally still here."

" I am, unfortunately."

She sighed.

" Well don't ever feel like you don't have anyone. I'm always going to be here for you no matter what." Chasity added.

" I appreciate it."

Chasity and Camila were so close therefore any opportunity she had to move out she didn't take it. She was still young and it was so much easier helping each other. It had to hurt not to have that kind of love from family. She was saddened by the thought of Ambrosine not having any blood relatives willing to love her that much.

" Do you think sending Niche to jail will make a difference?" Chasity asked.

" Filing a report would be a waste of everyone's time. He has half those crooked cops scared of him." She lifted her head.

" Well then we gone find whoever ain't on his payroll. Cause if it's up to me I'll have one of these niggas who ain't got shit to lose handle it. You know I can't stand that nigga at all!" Chasity added. No matter Ambrosine said Chasity was gonna have a solution.