Chapter 53- No love

Saint Josiah

Her eyes widened as she heard her mother's voice for the first time since she was a child.

" How did you get my number?"

" Camila gave it to m-"

" What? She wouldn't do no shit like that so don't drag her into this. She would've told me if y'all were in contact " She scoffed at the thought.

" Audi I know you're mad but do you think doing this over the phone is the best way option?"

" First off you address me as Ambrosine or nothing at all. You got my boyfriend drugged, doing this over the phone wouldn't be an option had I known this was your number. I would've met you anywhere just to slap the shit out of you. I can already tell how cruel and evil you are."

" I promise you those weren't my intentions. I just told her to speak assertive to Saint nothing else or more. She took it upon herself to do everything else but it's been handled."

I eyed the phone. Shit wasn't handled until I got a hold of shawty on my momma.

" He could have died, what the fuck you mean shit was handled? I don't even know why I'm entertaining this shit. Then you were texting him nothing but bullshit. You decided to leave me so do just that. Stop fucking harrassing me and trying to play innocent "

" Please just hear me out before you hang up"

I could see her tears forming. She stood up walking to the kitchen and I followed. She placed both hands on the counter leaning her head back sighing. I stood behind her wrapping my arms around her waist. Placing a soft kiss on her neck with hopes that my touch would clear a bit of her body's tension. She locked her fingers with mine leaning on me.

"Speak"

" I just heard that you were really in love with him and it so happen to be the same man my husband met with. I just thought he could help us reconnect because I didn't want to ask my husband to ask. I was desperate and I'm sorry"

" Who the hell is telling you these things?"

" Camila was a close friend once upon a time. She's been watching after you because I couldn't. I wanted to Ambrosine, I really did but your dad kept this abuse going and he wouldn't let me take you. I physically fought to keep you but my strength was nothing compared to his."

" What? Stop lying on Camila! You really are sick in the head. She's more of a mother to me than you ever were."

" I knew she would be. She has this strength I could never find. She's the only person I trusted to look after you even while you were in your father's care. Thanks to her I feel like I didn't miss anything-"

" You missed everything" She gripped tight on my hand and stopped. She mouthed "sorry" deeply breathing. I nodded.

" Please let me fix this Audi" You could hear her on the verge of crying.

" MY FUCKING NAME IS AMBROSINE"

" Calm down" I spoke in her ear and she turned sinking her face in my shirt.

I rubbed on her shoulder. Listening to this was upsetting me. I had no clue what was true or not but if Camila knew why Apryl left and never said anything all these years she's equally fucked up but I won't speak on it.

" I know and I'm sorry. I've been working on myself these past years and the one thing that I've been missing was my relationship with daughter. I sent you sunflowers every birthday just to brighten your day because I know I left right before it all those years ago but I guess Niche never let it reach you. I hope the flowers didn't creep you out or anything but it's just something that I've paid for to happen yearly until you're old in age but I can stop i-"