Chapter 8 - A wolf in sheeps clothing.

Omniscient
November 20th, 2002

She discovered that her husband is a big time drug dealer who killed her cousin last fourth of July. The hood gossip finally reached her doorstep and it came crashing down like a ton of bricks.

She's horrified but plans to confront him about the death of her loved one. She sat on the sofa with a glass of wine in her hand meditating through her thoughts. She wants it to be a lie so she can go back to her normal life. She played this conversation in her head a million times. This could end a million different ways.

He was violent and ruthless when he did not get his way. He has never hurt her but tonight that changed.

Her husband Niche entered their home and her eyes followed his every move. He entered the kitchen visibly upset that she had not started dinner yet. Dinner was the least of her worries. She was sick to her stomach.

" Are we eating out tonight babe?" He asked. She didn't respond.

She packed bags for her and her daughter. She didn't love him for the things he could buy her or the money so she made the decision to abandon them all. Where would she go? Who would she lean on?She cut ties from her family for love. The only thing she had was her daughter and a car with no destination.

" You hear me talking to you right woman? He eyed her.

" Yo? A?" Niche said.

" What's wrong baby?" He walked over and kissed her. She sat her glass down to wipe her eyes.

" What did you do?"

" What?"

" What did you do? What did you do?! What did you fucking do Nicholas?!" She cried and attacked his chest with her fist. Emotions poured over and spilled. She was all over the place.

" What?! Baby? What happened? I don't know! What did I do?" He held her.

" Yo talk to me don't act like this." He kissed her. Her hands shook. She grabbed onto his shirt and hysterically cried. She destroyed her own life choosing love over family.

"Did you kill Tyler?" She hesitated to ask.

" What?"

" Niche I hear the gossip. I've heard the story. It adds up. Did you hurt my baby cousin?" She cried.

" What did you just ask me?" He began to get angry and pushed her out of his arms.

" You seriously asking me that shit? After everything I've done for you and Ambrosine? You think I would hurt you?" He began to gaslight her.

" Why wouldn't you?! You're a selfish piece of shit!"

" I would never hurt you!" He yelled.

He would.

" You lay next to me every night knowing you're an evil man! I cook , I clean—I gave you a fucking child. AND YOU KILL MY COUSIN?! She yelled as tears rolled down her face.

" Bitch you better watch your damn tone in my house! You know it's ears everywhere. Shut the fuck up!"

" DID YOU HAVE YOUR GOONS KILL TYLER OVER FUCKING DRUGS" She threw her wine glass at him missing causing it to shatter.

He laughed. " Baby don't test me."

" Why won't you just answer me?!"

" Say I did? What the hell are you going to do huh? I take care of YOU. You don't work, you didn't go to college, I'm you're only resource—ME."

Without hesitating she slapped him.

Without remorse he grabbed her by her shirt and then hit her.

" Raise your voice again in this house and you're gonna be buried next to him" He threatened her. Mr. nice guy was gone. She was sleeping next to a wolf in sheep's clothing.