Chapter 35 - My dirty little secret

Saint Josiah

I reread the text a few times to myself. I couldn't even bring this up to Ambrosine because she didn't want anything to do with me.

A few moments later someone came knocking on my door excessively. I opened it and to my surprise it was Ambrosine again.

" Aight now I'm confused. What happened?" I was confused.

" No one's answering and I left my keys inside. I don't have a jacket. I'm not sure if Chasity's in the shower or something but they're still home."

" You wanna call her?"

She nodded.

She called twice and no answer.

" Nothing?"

" Nah."

" Aight well go climb in my bed and relax. I don't have a thanksgiving meal for you but I do have a bed you can relax in."

" I don't want to be in your bed."

My phone went off again. My attention went straight to this mysterious number I couldn't trace.

" You have a sweater?" She asked

" What you said baby I'm sorry this text just threw me off.." I spoke up.

" Baby?" She frowned.

" Stop being like that." I pulled her into a hug.

" I'm sorry. Just stop being mad at me already so we can be cool." I added.

" What did it say?" She tried to change the subject. I sat down and she followed.

" Huh?" I replied.

" The text?"

" Don't worry about that babygirl."

" Don't think we're on good terms. Im here because I just don't want to get sick. I need a sweater." She glanced at my phone for a short period then back at me. She cared still.

"Nothing..So wassup let's go upstairs and grab one." I threw my head back on the sofa staring at her. If this was really her mother..Shit it had to be nobody knew my connect personally but Dre and Niche. Plus they had some similar features from what I remember. I honestly didn't want to interfere in that part of her life because I know its a sensitive spot.

She stood in my closet with me as I tried to look for the warmest sweater I could find her.

" You know im not letting you sit out in the cold and get sick? It might feel like some time has passed but your body just experienced some shit I can't explain. I don't want you to get sick. Next time you come over here make sure you got your coat and a hat on."

" Next time?"

" Audi when you gonna stop fronting? If i want you, you're already mine. I'm letting you put on this act but I know you have some type of feelings for me."

" Yeah no , don't start feeling yourself." She rolled her eyes.

" So you was gonna have my kid but you don't fuck with me?"

" Shit happens." She said.

" When we were in Miami I didn't think I would have sex with you, I only knew you for a few weeks and it wasn't like me at all but spending all that time with you made me feel like a normal twenty year old."  She looked down playing with her fingers.