Chapter 40 - The Night Is Young

Ambrosine Brooks

         Saint walked down the steps as I began to open the door. I checked through the peep hole and it was a woman. She seemed lost. I couldn't tell because her head was turned.

" Hello can I help you?" I eyed the woman to see she had a small duffle bag next to her. She fully turned her head and I saw it was his baby mother. She immediately frowned her face up at me.

" Where's Saint?" She rolled her eyes bumping into me as she walked pass and entered his home.

" I'm really not understanding why you're touching me." I grew frustrated.

Saint stood beside me and sighed.

" Why are you here?" He asked

" Nigga take this duffle bag of your shit!" She threw it at him. He didn't respond. He stared down at the bag and then back at her.

" Oh and while you playing house with this nigga he's been leaving shit at my house every other day when he come over. It should be no fucking reason you're with her and not my kid! This what you was so busy for?" She yelled at him.

" Why are you trying to make it seem like I be over there for you? I can guarantee everything in that bag is old. The only time I'm in your crib is to get my child."

" The child that you denied so that you could be with this weak black bitch! Why is my baby with your mother?! Huh?"

" Aight you bugging now. It's time for you to go." He began to push her out.

" Bitch you really pressed about little ol me and I don't even know your name." I laughed.

" I'm seconds away from slapping the fuck out of you" She tried to step to me and he held her back.

" You could try." I smiled.

" Go get my fucking child!" She yelled.

" Both of y'all need to cut this bird shit out! Natalie you doing the most shawty. Whatever I got going on with her doesn't have anything to do with me being a father. My child is allowed to go spend time with my parents and I don't need permission to send her over there. You coming in my crib with all this drama and I'm not for the bullshit at all. You taking shit too far with the disrespect." He yelled at her.

" I should not have to go on social media and see that my child's father is out with a bitch on a weekend where he's supposed to have my baby!"

" Well you did. Can't be undone." He said dryly.

" We have one rule Josiah, one fucking rule! I don't have niggas around my child and you don't have random bitches around her!"

" Call me a bitch again and see how fast you get clocked in your mouth" I was livid. Saint stood in the middle of us and attempted to push Natalie out the house but she was standing her grown.

"Natalie I'm not doing this shit with you period. You mad and that's cool. You'll get over it. She's my girl and she hasn't done shit to you for you not to like her. She's going to be around Nova." He said.

" If that's the case then you're not even going to be around Nova!"

" We can go to court because you really dragging it shawty."

" We definitely can. Your drug dealing ass won't have no rights when I'm done with you." She laughed.

" Money talk. We'll see." He added.

" Oh and I hope you told your little girlfriend how you was eating my pussy not too long ago" She began to smile devilishly.

" What?" I quickly eyed him.