Chapter 39- View

Saint Josiah

After telling Ambrosine about her mother reaching out to me, I could see that she was going through a lot of emotions. We had sex and although it was clear we both enjoyed it, I felt bad. We've been communicating more and she's been stopping by every day for a week just to chill with me. She doesn't talk about it. I could tell she just wants to be under me. Maybe it helps her take her mind off of things. I just hope this isn't temporary. I've been enjoying it.

When my daughter came over, I could tell that she was uncomfortable. She avoided Nova every chance she got. She forced smiles and barely acknowledged her.

Usually some shit like that would piss me off but I could only imagine how she feels. We were supposed to have a baby together and now we probably never will.

Nova is naturally curious and tries her hardest to get her attention but Ambrosine doesn't budge. She forces a smile and then tries to find something to do to get out of interacting with her. I don't get angry with her about it. I just know can't force my child into her life.

" I don't like the suspense" She sighed. I was taking her out on a date and she hated that she didn't get any details.

" I got you when we get there." I said laughing at her impatience as I drove. I practically begged her to let me take her out. I'm glad she said yes.

" You look good. You coming home with me?" I asked.

" Do I have a choice?"

" You always got a choice mama."

" We'll see where the night takes us."

" Oh so we past you fronting on me?"

" We've been past that " She laughed.

" I should've had a drink before I let you take me to who knows where" She sighed.

" Reach in the glove department it should be shot bottles of patron and other shit. My cousin left it in there." I said focusing on driving. She took her seatbelt off and began to search with her flashlight on before finding it.

     " This ride is too long Saint" She moved back into her seat crossing her arms. We were at yet another red light and I leaned over to re buckle her seat belt before trying to find parking. The noise was bugging me.

" Keep that on." I said.

" You have one child and I am not her." She laughed.

" We should have brought her out with us." I teased to get a response out of her.

She didn't respond. She forced a smile.

" You don't like Nova?"

" What?"

" You always avoid her."

" I—"

" Actually don't answer that. I don't want to get pissed off."

" She's a kid. Why wouldn't I like her?"

" You avoid her."

" I'm not good with kids."

" You're about to be a social worker. Is it kids or my kid?"

" I don't know what you want me to say. I'm not beefing with a child."

" She tries to interact with you at the crib and you just seem stand off ish. I don't like that. I really fuck with you but I would like you to at least acknowledge her. She's just a kid."

" Okay." She said dryly.

" Let's just go." I added shaking my head.

" Ok." She mumbled.