Chapter 22- Voicemail

Saint Josiah

I was in this club high out my mind.  Trent kept trynna get me to drink with them but that shit be having my stomach fucked up. I said fuck it though. If I'm about to bring another kid into this world  and move weight simultaneously, this club shit would be limited. I might as well enjoy it before I'm out here making bottles in the middle of the night again. One drink turned into three. Soon after I wasn't even counting anymore. I was feeling nice. Sabre was enjoying her night and me and my niggas was chilling. That's all that mattered in this moment.

One of my cousins friends approached me. I wasn't into older women at all but she fine. Sabre got 2 years on me but I know her friend was older than that. She looked a little seasoned. She was thirsty too.

" What's in your cup?" She smirked.

" Henny" I laughed.

" Ok so you a big boy I see" Shit she was even talking like she was somebody moms.

" Yeah I guess"

As the conversation got more uninteresting I drank more.

" You are so handsome anybody ever told you that?" She smiled.

" You just did" I answered. The club was loud so I leaned in whispering in her ear causing her to laugh.

Sabre was all smiling my way like I was about to hit it in the middle of the club. She know I don't do relationships. I  just waved at her nosey ass and she laughed turning back to her man. She was pregnant and determined to still enjoy her birthday sober. I can dig it.

Now that I think about it I haven't even told anyone that Ambrosine was pregnant but Trent and Jah. I wonder what she was doing right now. We been having very strange and intense moments between us lately. She probably think a nigga bipolar.

I need to know if she's serious about having this baby because if she is, she has to start getting to know me better and meet my entire family. I'm cool with co parenting so long as she not on Natalie timing.

If she do keep this baby, I got to explain this shit to Natalie eventually.

Ambrosine Brooks

" And that's enough for me." I turned the tv off.

I was enjoying Dear White People until one of the characters went to get an abortion. The universe was laughing at me for how scary I got. We both just sat down talking and scrolling through tiktok and Instagram. Hours could go by messing with them apps.

" Oh gosh he's so obnoxious" Chasity said chuckled.

" What?" I asked not feeding much into it because I was tired.

"Nope, no we are not stressing bout' these nigga don't mind me"

" Show me" I'm nosey. I wanted to see.

" So you know how I follow Club Lust and Jah right?

" Yeah, another one of our high school classmates stripping? They need to sign me up." I joked.

" Girl no their instagram page just posted a picture and the caption was " We're called club lust for a reason" and uh they tagged some shawty and I think this your baby daddy" She showed me the photo. Saint was in the club with Hennessy in one hand, grinning like a child on Christmas Day and some lady had her hand on his lap.

" Joyce, the baby mama, you, now some old bitch. That boy get around. He don't know how to be exclusive. Type to smile in every bitch face."

I was embarrassed but her statement was nothing but the truth. Although he's a single man, it was wild how men could do whoever they wanted and never be judged. He probably got a different one lined up for every day out the week.