Chapter 31- Lost Ones

Ambrosine Brooks

Today I managed to get out of bed. I was still sore but I threw on a sweatsuit and attempted to make myself feel beautiful despite all that has happened. I didn't grab for a sleeping pill which is progress for me. I was facing Saint Josiah today. I was facing my truth.

I hope he understands. Chasity agreed to go over to his home with me in case things got out of hand. I truly do not know how he will react.

"I'm scared" I said.

" I'm here for you. Don't worry girl." She assured.

" You think he'd hurt me?" I asked.

" He's at the top of the food chain in this drug shit. He didn't get there being nice. I wouldn't doubt him trying to take it there but I got you. Its nothing you could've done to stop that. Think positive" She sighed.

She was right. I know he wouldn't take it well. But it was all or nothing. I called him before leaving out,

" Hello?" He answered almost immediately.

" Hey, are you home?"

" Yeah you finally coming to see me? I missed y'all." He admitted. My stomach sank.

" Yea, I'll be there soon" I said,

" Aight I'm talking to my brother though but he won't be around for long" He said.

" Ok" I hung up.

My heart was pounding and my hands were beginning to sweat but I wanted to get this out.

"He said his brother is there, should I wait?" I was nervous.

" No, it'll be less awkward when he trying to figure out why the hell you brung me..." Chasity said.

" Ok lets go"

I grabbed my jacket and began to cross the street slowly with Chasity. The closer I came to his door the weaker my legs felt. I opened the gate and walked up the steps to ring to door bell. I made eye contact with Chasity as I waited for him to open the door.

He opened the door with all smiles and glanced at Chasity was confusion but turned back to me to pull me in a tight hug.

" How are you?" He asked.

" I'm okay." I said.

We walked over to the living room where his brother was. Everyone sat down except me.

"Saint " He looked up. I did a hand motion to tell him follow me. He got up and we were no longer visible to Chasity and Trent.

" What's up?" He wrapped his arms around my waist kissing my neck. I was caught off guard. Maybe he thought that was okay because he got me pregnant? We weren't together though. I pulled away.

" My fault." He smiled.

" Can we go upstairs I wanna talk to you about something" I asked lowly.

" Yeah hold up"

He reentered the living room.

" Yo I'll be right back ya'll kids entertain each other while I'm gone" He joked.

" Nigga remember who older bye" Trent laughed.

Saint laughed and grabbed my hand as we walked up the steps. It hurt but I tried not to show it in my face. He has far more steps than Camila did. He was walking to quickly up the steps.

" How you really mama?" He asked as we entered the room. He closed the door and began to lock it.

" Why are you locking the door?" I asked nervously.